Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 shows readers best practices
for managing business performance using Office PerformancePoint 2007 and
related Microsoft tools. The authors show how to leverage PerformancePoint
with other key technologies, including SharePoint Server, SQL Server Business
Intelligence tools—for example, SQL Server Analysis Services---and Office
Excel and Excel Services. The authors---including PerformancePoint product
managers at Microsoft---show how to use PerformancePoint for common
performance management scenarios, including scorecarding, dashboarding,
reporting, analysis, planning, budgeting and forecasting. This book uniquely
serves the needs of both the business user who is interested in driving
business performance as well as the technical IT professionals asked to
implement these solutions using Microsoft technologies.
Table Of Contents:
1. Microsoft's Performance Management Strategy.
2. Microsoft PerformancePoint Server Fundamentals.
3. Setting Up and Configuring PerformancePoint Servers.
4. Overview of PerformancePoint Architecture for Monitoring and Analytics.
5. Implementing Scorecards and KPIs.
6. Developing Effective Analytic Views.
7. Creating Effective Dashboards.
8. Supplementing Dashboards with Reports.
9. Implementing Security Controls.
10. Planning Overview
11. Application Components.
12. Business Rules.
13. Data Integration.
14. Reports and Forms.
15. Security and Roles.
16. Data Process.
17. Deployment and Migration. Engaging Users in Monitoring, Analytics, and Planning
18. Bringing Monitoring, Analytics, and Planning Together.
19. Planning and Maintaining Effective Dashboards.
20. Planning Application Development.