HotCrypt is an encryption program for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Running minimized to an icon in the System Tray it lets you make text within any window unreadable for other people.
You just press a hotkey (or click the menu item), then enter a password - and the text in your window becomes encrypted.
To read a previously encrypted message (or any other text) do exactly the same: press the hotkey and enter the password. If the password is correct, the special HotCrypt\\\'s viewer will pop-up and display the original text.
HotCrypt was developed especially for keeping e-mail messages hidden from \\\"prying eyes\\\", but it can be used for protecting any text in virtually any window.
-Reliable encryption algorithm (Blowfish)
-Password management system
-PCtoPC encryption (encryption with hardware identification)
New in version 5.0:
- Increased max allowed size of text (up to 300KB now)
- New password-lists logon protection
- Improved functionality of the password-lists system
- Backup utility for data files (no \\\"auto-backup\\\" on program shutdown)
- Changed format of data files
- All reported issues fixed
- User interface improvements
- Length of passwords limited to 5 characters (this regards encryption only - passwords of any length are allowed when decrypting text)
Unzip this zip file in any directory and run \\\"setup.exe\\\".
NOTES FOR USERS OF PRIOR VERSIONS OF HOTCRYPT (1.0 to 4.1.2):
File format and backup strategy have changed in HotCrypt 5.0.
1. If you have installed HotCrypt 5.0 into a DIFFERENT FOLDER, than the prior version, read section \\\"Importing data\\\" in Help.
2. Read section \\\"How to backup and restore data\\\" in Help for details on making backup copies in HotCrypt 5.0.