Camtasia Studio is a complete solution for recording, editing and publishing rich screen video presentations. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Camtasia Studio is the complete professional solution for recording, editing and sharing high-quality screen video on the Web, CD-ROM and portable media players, including iPod.
Easily record your screen, PowerPoint, multiple audio tracks, and webcam video to create compelling training videos, screencasts, and presentations without ever leaving your desk. With the power of interactive Camtasia Studio videos, you can deliver high-quality content anytime, to even your most remote audience.
Camtasia Studio helps you keep pace in a mobile world by making it easy to publish videos and MP3 files for iPod and other portable media players. Now your marketing message, screencast, lecture, or just-in-time training video can reach your audience practically anywhere – on the bus, in a coffee shop, or while they’re jogging. Camtasia Studio videos are simply designed to share.
* Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
* Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus™
* Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow™
* Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
* Professional content without a ton of production time
With the smartest screen recording tools on the planet, Camtasia Studio makes everything from training videos to PowerPoint presentations to lectures look better, reach more people, and pack more punch. Which makes you look even smarter, too.
* Record Anything
Easily create training, demonstrations, presentations, online courses... the possibilities are endless. Connect with your audience by including screen recordings, audio, voice narration, PowerPoint, Picture-in-Picture and webcam video.
* Edit and Enhance
Edit and enhance your video with callouts, titles, credits, zooming, panning, quizzes and additional audio tracks. Camtasia Studio's extensive editing options are at your fingertips.
Publish in Flash, QuickTime and a variety of video formats, then share on the Web, CD or DVD. You can use the Production Wizard to assist you in choosing the best format and settings for sharing with your audience, or you can have complete control over audio and video codecs and quality, frame rate, color depth, and inclusion or exclusion of special effects.
All TechSmith Camtasia Studio Features
New in Camtasia Studio 5:
- Streamlined recorder for swifter capture
The streamlined Camtasia Recorder makes selecting an area to record both fast and easy. There's just one button, no confusing choices. And the clever, new crosshairs makes it child's play to select a region, object, window, or the whole screen.
- SmartFocus: freedom to capture now, decide later
Mini Cooper demoDon't worry about the final product, just relax and record your whole screen. Camtasia SmartFocus keeps track of where the action happens during your recording. It automatically creates editable zoom-n-pan points that keep the important parts visible with razor-sharp clarity...even if you produce the video for iPod-sized screens. Fully automatic, very freeing. You've never seen anything like this.
- ExpressShow: sleek Flash + simpler sharing
Kiss supporting files goodbye. TechSmith ExpressShow creates a single, beautiful Flash SWF file that can be easily embedded into any Web site, blog, or multimedia project. With a glossy thumbnail image, full-screen playback option, and floating table of contents, this is Flash video that makes you look good. Very good.
- Predictable, surgically precise editing
Predictable, surgically precise editingCamtasia Studio 5 projects are now edited at 30 frames per second. With more frames to choose from, it’s easier to cut—and keep—precisely what you want, and with greater project stability.
- Easy output for bloggers
Camtasia Studio 5 lets bloggers record and publish to Screencast.com, and blog about it in minutes. Or using the built-in FTP support, moving videos to your own server can be just as painless.
- An experience you can count on
Now with Project Settings and an accurate preview, you can edit your video and see exactly what it will look like before you produce it. And the new AutoSave protects your edits in the event of a crash.
15 April 2008: Camtasia Studio 5.1.0
* Added a production option for Apple's iPod Touch/iPhone devices.
* Added the ability to zoom in/out on the timeline using CTRL + mouse-wheel when editing.
* Added an option for producing to ExpressShow for FLV files.
* Updated the minimum version of QuickTime requirement to be version 7.2.0 or later.
* Modified the workflow of adding and working with Callouts.
* Added an enhanced shading option for callouts.
* Addressed an issue that would cause some users to get a Flash install error when installing the product on Windows Vista.
* Updated the QuickTime MOV defaults to use H.264 + AAC
* Updated and modified the Camtasia Theater application for improved workflow and options.
* Added the ability to have an Audio 3 track on the timeline.
* Added the ability to edit Camtasia Relay content if the Camtasia Relay Client Recorder is installed on the system.
* Added a Highlighter callout as an option.
* Added a Spotlight callout as an option.
* Fixed an issue that would show an error message when recording to AVI and pausing the recording.
* Fixed an issue that would cause the Recorder UI to be the wrong size when restoring from a minimized state from the task bar.
* Fixed an issue when resizing the timeline in a secondary monitor would show strange results.
* Fixed an issue where users were able to switch to storyboard view while in the Record Camera view.
* Fixed an issue that would cause the "Fast Start" option to not work when producing to the Apple QuickTime MOV format.
* Fixed an issue that would cause the aspect ratio settings to be affected when using the floating TOC option with an ExpressShow production template.
* Fixed an issue when producing and selecting the "Include PPT File" option with Office 2007 would cause the file to not work properly if uploaded to Screencast.com.
* Added a warning message when producing with the Blog production preset and you have a non-side-by-side PiP video on the timeline.
* Fixed an issue with producing using the Blog production preset and having a quiz on the timeline would create a cropped quiz.
* Updated the recording preset sizes to include 720x576 for support of PAL video standards.
* Fixed an issue where Hotspots would not work as expected when producing with an ExpressShow template.
* Fixed an issue where the second of two identical .camrec files on the timeline would not show video for the second file.
* Fixed an issue with the Quiz/Survey Reporting button not being available when producing with an ExpressShow template.
* Fixed an issue where Web Production presets would not allow overlaid captions and closed captions.
* Fixed a crash that would be caused when producing a Flash SWF format using 44.100kHz, stereo, 128kBits/sec.
* Fixed a security hole where a cross-site scripting (XSS) attack would be possible with a malicious URL passed to controller.swf.
* Fixed an issue where FLV productions would not display the Answers Summary page as expected.
* Fixed an issue where the send email button would not work with ExpressShow if Flash Player version 9,0,115 is installed.
* Fixed a crash that could occur if you changed transitions on the timeline using the context menu.
* Fixed an issue that would cause a Flash produced video with quizzing to restart at the beginning after pausing for the quiz.
* Fixed an issue When producing to WMV and selecting iPod as an additional output, the resulting iPod video may be missing a video track.
* Implemented a change so Callouts are reliably added to the Timeline based on cursor position.
* Fixed an option if "Minimize to system tray during recording" is unchecked then the Recorder UI should always display.
* Fixed an issue when captions are selected to display and overlay, the preset does not produce the captions in overlay.