Chrono Trigger for EDGE Users
If you'll be asking , yes this is the Japanese ROM. However if your DS is configured so that the default language is english the game will also start in english. Yes everything is translated. If for some reason the game starts in japanese just start the game up to the point where you can control Chrono. Look at the lower screen. There will be icons on the right. Touch the 2nd to the top icon (the one that looks like a DS screen) Press R until you're on the #4 tab, the lowest option there will be the language option.
9 Steps to Chrono Goodness
1. First update to the latest EDGE firmware (v1.41) which can be found here: http://www.edge-ds.cn/?lang=en&page=downloads . Copy the EDGE OS files to your microSD card
2. Next copy the Chrono Trigger.nds file to the MicroSD card
3. Then copy the cheats.dat file. Place it inside the EDGE folder on the MicroSD card (if you're asked to overwrite your old file choose yes since this cheat database is up-to-date)
4. Re-insert the microSD and EDGE cartidge on your DS
4. Turn on the DS handheld. On the menu go to Settings / Misc option and enable cheat codes
5. Go to the game menu and select the Chrono Trigger ROM
6. You will be asked if you want to enable cheat codes for the game. Select yes
7. On the cheat menu look for the "Piracy Check Bypass Cheat" option and expand it
8. Select and tick the "Game Fix (Non-M3 Real Version) "
9. Press start and you're good to go.