Following up on last year’s loving reissue of Silver Apples’ ‘Garden’, the erstwhile Bully camp now turn their expert hands to this compendium of headachingly rare psychedelic sounds.
All songs were compiled by Mike Davis, owner of Academy Records in New York. Dating from 1967 to 1973, and origination from such far corners of the psyche globe as Turkey, Uruguay and Peru, these 15 tracks represent some of Mike’s most obscure and valuable acquisitions in decades of obsessive record collecting. As with all Bully releases, the packaging is first rate, including limited edition gatefold vinyl jacket, with sleeve notes containing some information about each band, even though some of it was practically impossible to track down.
Turntable Lab says:
Woah. Highly anticipated psych comp assembled for Bully by the owner of NYC's Academy Records, which diggers will recognize as one of New York's prime spots for rare records. Straight psych rock, funk, Latin styles, even some Indian influences - there's nothing clearly defining this batch of songs except that they will all melt your face like that Nazi dude at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. You're gonna have to cop it and check the liners for the stories behind the jams, but for now just listen...
01. Atomic Forest - Intro/Obsession '77
02. Quarteto Nova Era - De Repente
03. Arif Sag - Osman Pehlivan
04. Sonara Casino - Astronautas A Mercurio
05. Flavio Kurt - Walderez Waldereia
06. Erkin Koray - Hor Gorme Garibi
07. Novos Bahianos - Globo Do Morto
08. Los Chikichaka - Musica Mulata
09. Arnaud Rodriguez - Murituri
10. Ovni 87 - Sueno Un Camino
11. Suely E Os Kantikus - Esperanto
12. Jean Paul El Troglodita - Everything Is Gonna Change
13. Ersen - Gonese Don Cicegim
14. La Barra De Chocolate - Proectos De Un Ladron Prisonero
15. Atomic Forest - Obsession '77