"Trainspotting meets the fast show"
This witty and compelling portrait of the eighties music scene is viewed through the eyes of Tony Wilson: a young Cambridge graduate and TV presenter, who, inspired by the Sex Pistols first Manchester gig, founds the now world-famous Factory Records and Hacienda night-club. The bands he signs include Joy Division and The Happy Mondays - who became seminal artists of their time - whilst the Hacienda transforms Manchester - a declining industrial city into "Mad-chester" - the place to be.
All this is built on Wilson's anarchic business philosophy: no contracts, just passion, music and hedonism - if the bands don't like it they are free to leave. No-one leaves, but with debts and hangovers rocketing, things do get completely out of hand...
Comedien Steve Coogan is brilliantly cast as the wry Wilson, struggling to hold it together in a world of vice and angst-ridden geniuses. The fabulous soundtrack includes hits from The Happy Mondays, New Order and Joy Division.
01. Anarchy in the U.K - Sex Pistols
02. 24 Hour Party People (Jon Carter Mix) - Happy Mondays
03. Transmission - Joy Division
04. Ever Fallen in Love? - The Buzzcocks
05. Janie Jones - The Clash
06. New Dawn Fades - Moby and Billy Corgan with New Order
07. Atmosphere - Joy Division
08. Otis - The Durutti Column
09. Voodoo Ray - A Guy Called Gerald
10. Temptation - New Order
11. Loose Fit - Happy Mondays
12. Pacific State - 808 State
13. Blue Monday - New Order
14. Move Your Body - Marshall Jefferson
15. She's Lost Control - Joy Division)
16. Hallelujah (Club Mix) - Happy Mondays
17. Here To Stay - New Order
18. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division