A powerful compression and decompression tool with a file browsing feature!
PowerArchiver is one of the most powerful archive utilites available and has been downloaded by tens of millions of users worldwide.
PowerArchiver offers you hundreds of features, yet remains small, easy to use and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full
Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here are some key features of \"PowerArchiver 2009\":
• Complete built-in support (including creating archives and adding files) for ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and BH (BlakHole) files, and built-in support for reading and extracting many other file formats: RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ and BZIP2
• Built-in support for XXE and UUE encoded files
• Many powerful archive operations (including: renaming files in archive, spanning archives, testing archives, viewing and writing comments, installing archives, and checking archives for viruses)
• Internal viewer that supports TXT, RTF, BMP, ICO, WMF, EMF, GIF and JPG (JPEG) files
• Skinnable toolbar
• Drag and Drop from/to Windows Explorer and the Desktop
• Two ways of viewing archives (Classic - all files in the same listing; Explorer - browsing through an archive like folders in Windows Explorer)
• Creating powerful ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LHA and BH self-extracting archives
• Complete integration with Windows (extracting archives and creating archives directly from Windows Explorer using powerful \"Explorer Shell Extensions\")
• Viewing files in all view styles, including \"as a Web page\"
• Converting between file formats (for example: changing a ZIP archive to CAB archive, or LHA archive to ZIP archive)
• Tool for repairing corrupted ZIP archives
• Tool for extracting multiple archives at once
• Tool for creating backup scripts and running automated backups
• Auto Update to automatically download and install new versions of PowerArchiver
• Batch Zip function to create multiple different archives at once
• Favorite Folders to quickly locate archives
• Printing file list to printer, or exporting file list to HTML or TXT files
• Powerful help in HTML and a tutorial with pictures for beginners
• Many, many other useful and powerful features
What\'s New in This Release:
• Added overwrite option for backup.
• Backup done message now goes away after 10 minutes.
• Fixed Bug #872: Issue with creating password protected 7-zip archives.
• Fixed Bug #873: Issue with opening specific multivolume rar files.
• Fixed Bug #870: Spanned zips on removable drive can not be extracted.
• Fixed Bug #871: Updated files not shown in preview.
• Fixed Bug #867: Newer than filter in backup does not work properly.
• Fixed Bug #868: Startup folder always stays default.
• Fixed Bug #874: Emailing backup logs in PA Standard issue.