Join Geoff Lawton as he designs and builds a dam and swale system on a client's small acre farm. Every detail is covered as we watch Geoff and his students build a water harvesting system using the design principles of Permaculture.
What's on the DVD?
From the producers of "Greening the Desert" comes over 60 minutes of instructional information, featuring Geoff Lawton consult and build a dam and swale system on a client's small acre farm. It's like being there with him. We see problems arise and witness the solutions that Geoff devises to maximise 100% water retention on the property.
You will learn and understand many advanced concepts:
* Inspecting at the site with Geoff
* Surveying and understanding contours and problem areas
* Planning the site using laser and dumpy levels
* Connecting swales to maximise Water Harvesting
* Briefing excavator drivers and what to look for
* Clearing the site, subsoils and problem areas
* Establishing the dam keyways, waterline level and freeboard