Acronis True Image Home 2009 12 Build 9608 ((updated november 2008))
Acronis True Image Home offers you improved point-in-time backup strategy. It has user-friendly interface and the ability to bring your machine back online even if it has crashed and is unbootable. Acronis True Image Home is an easy-to-use, affordable backup and restore solution for home and home office users that can protect family pictures, videos, music, and important documents stored on your home PC. It helps make certain that you are adequately protected, ensuring that you can recover your data in case the machine fails or your computer hard disk is damaged by a virus.
Acronis True Image Home is intended for use at home and in the home office. It is a tool that enables you to protect and recover data on your PC. Its easy-to-use wizards walk you through the steps required to protect and recover your data, including:
• Creating bootable media (floppy disks, CDs, or flash drives), which will enable you to start your computer when the operating system becomes unstable and you cannot boot your machine
• Creating and scheduling the backup procedure to protect all the information stored on your system and backing up specific files and folders, like your My Documents folder or your most recent tax return
• Recovering your data in case of a system failure
With the introduction of Acronis True Image Home, you are provided with several products in one:
• Our original disk imaging backup option, which enables you to create an image of your entire hard disk drive, including the operating system, applications, user settings, and all data. Use the image to restore your PC to a known working state without any reinstallation.
• A file-based backup option, which enables you to back up and restore individual files and folders, like your My Documents folder, your music, video and photos or some specific file, like your latest tax return. A wizard walks you through all of the steps.
• You can also back up your applications settings. If an application seems to malfunction or ceases to run you are supposed to reinstall it using the last updates and then recover your settings from the backup. The list of supported applications will be gradually built up. Updates will be available with new program builds or via the Internet. For Instant Messengers, the program will back up both settings and history.
• Acronis True Image Home offers a straightforward way to back up messages, accounts and settings for Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 and Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Windows Mail. It preserves your e-mails, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, signatures, news folders, e-mail rules and user settings with just a few mouse clicks
• Try&Decide feature. Performing potentially dangerous changes in the system, such as installing new software from the internet is sometime a risky operation as it may lead to system instability or even worse add Viruses or spyware to your computer. Thanks to Try and Decide in Acronis True Image Home, you can now safely perform these potentially risky operations. When Try and decide is turned on, all the changes performed will be transparently recorded on a virtual disk automatically created in Acronis Secure Zone. At any time you can decide if you want to validate the changes you made or discard them and therefore revert the system back to its previous state.
• Disk Cleanser, File Shredder, and System Clean-up - Securely wipes data stored on an entire hard disk, individual partitions or in individual files and eliminates all traces of user activities in the system.
There are several exclusive features of the Acronis True Image Home software that distinguish it from other products:
Provides multiple backup options in one product: our original disk imaging backup option allows you to protect your entire PC, and our backup options allow you to protect your music, photos, videos, email and application settings.
* Supports Microsoft Vista, so you can safely upgrade to this new operating system
* Allows you to create backup rules, so you do not have to worry about managing your backups
* Enables you to receive e-mail notifications on your backup status, so you have peace of mind knowing your PC is protected
* Find specific files by exploring backup files
* Use your system during a recovery with the Acronis Snap Restore feature
* Save data to special partition on your hard drive, the Acronis Secure Zone. There is no need to purchase an extra hard drive, CDs, or DVDs to protect your data. This is especially useful for notebook computers.
* Use Try&Decide feature to install potentially unstable software or downloading suspicious e-mails to evaluate them and then decide if you want to keep this stuff on your machine or revert the system back in seconds by simply rebooting your computer.
* Restart your computer by hitting the F11 key in case you computer does not boot correctly with the Acronis Recovery Manager. Even if your operating system has been deleted, the Acronis Recovery Manager can boot your computer
* Run backups while you are using your computer
* Restore your entire PC in minutes, including the operating system, applications, and user settings without reinstallation of any software
* Automate backups on a regular basis by creating a schedule
* Walks you through each task so that you don't need to be a computer expert to use it
New in Acronis True Image Home 2009:
• One-Click Protection – During the first start of Acronis True Image Home after installation the program will take stock of your computer storage devices and if you have enough free space on one of hard drives or in the Acronis Secure Zone, it will offer to
protect your system right away by backing up your system volume and Master Boot Record to the storage location of its choice. In addition, Acronis True Image Home will offer you to refresh such backups regularly (by default, once in seven days). So you just need to click Protect and your system will be protected from a disaster.
• File search using Google Desktop and Windows Desktop Search – If you use one of these search engines, you will be able to search for files through multiple archives by name or by a part of the name and then restore individual files easily and quickly. In addition, they provide Acronis True Image Home with an ability of performing full-text indexing of the files in tib archives, so you will be able to perform searches of the files content.
• Making reserve copies of your backups - You can make reserve copies of your backups and save them on the file system, a network drive, or a USB stick. You have a choice of making a reserve copy as regular (flat) files, a zip compressed file, and a tib file.
• Support for Zip format – Now you can create file-level backup archives as zip files. The zip is one of the most widely used and popular archiving formats. In addition, Microsoft Windows has built-in support of this file format making it possible to extract files from backups created by Acronis True Image Home without using the program itself.
• Consolidation of backup files – you can create a consistent copy of archive while deleting selected backups. This allows you deleting the backups you do not need anymore from any archive without harming that archive.
• Automatic computer shutdown after backup or restoration finishes – you can now perform a backup at night and go to sleep without bothering about turning off the computer – the program will do this on its own.
• Archive to various places – you can save full, incremental and differential backups of the same data entity (for example, a partition, disk, E-mail) almost anywhere you like. In the earlier versions of Acronis True Image Home all backups belonging to the same data entity could be stored only in the same place. Now you have ultimate flexibility in choosing a place for backups of the same data entity – a network share, CD/DVD, USB stick, FTP-server, any local internal or external hard drive, etc. Furthermore, you can now give meaningful names to incremental and differential backups, for example, something like "SystemDiskbeforeRepartitioning".
• More user-friendly – Completely redesigned user interface and usability enhancements make Acronis True Image Home easier to use than ever before.