As computers become more and more advanced, file searching utilities do too. Ten years ago, computers stored a few hundred files, now they store, on average, upwards of fifty thousand. Connect several hundred of these computers and you can understand why network file searching is a difficult issue. Professionals agree that most of today's network searching utilities are not state-of-the-art. Luckily, there is now a product called Network Searcher, a powerful new generation searching utility for local area networks.
Network Searcher is a full-scale search engine for the Local Area Networks (LANs). This is not a simple utility, but rather a feature-stuffed application with much-needed capabilities, such as automatic search through hidden shared items. The program is capable of performing multithreaded search and generating comprehensive reports that can be exported to text, html, and even WinAmp-play list files.
Network Searcher was created with assistance of many computer and network professionals who search files and folders on daily basis. Thus, the program comes with great number of very flexible search settings - masks, filters, search locations, file types, names and sizes. - All of these items can be customized for each individual search. Network Searcher is capable of searching through the file content as well.
All data in the program is presented as a tree-like structure, which makes navigating the program intuitive easy. In addition, with Network Searcher, you can limit your search to subnetworks, by setting the IP range. Besides, Network Searcher is capable of performing basic file management functions like coping, moving, renaming, and deleting files. Search results can be saved, sorted or deleted. The program's extra features include its capability to create network MP3 lists and view recent installations report. Network Searcher is able to perform a local computer search, too.
Conveniently, Network Searcher comes with full install/uninstall support and can be used by people with any computer proficiency level, since using the software is intuitive and requires no special knowledge
If you are not satisfied with your current network file searching utility, give Network Searcher a try.
* Automatic search through hidden shares.
* Fast multithreaded search engine.
* Tree for easy navigation.
* Search according to the specified criteria (name, type, size, date).
* Scheduling of search start time.
* Search selected networks, domains, groups, folders.
* Search filters.
* Find all kinds of files on your computer and LAN.
* View and search in the hidden shares.
* Ability to search the IP subnetworks.
* All file operations(Copy, Delete, Rename, Move To).
* Save, sort, delete your search results.
* Create and save results report in txt, html, xml or WinAmp playlist format.
You may use NetworkSearcher for the following
* Create a list of recently added movies/clips.
* Create MP3 list of your LAN.
* Find software installs in network archives.
* Find useful documents you have missed.
* Find and delete unnecessary or virus generated files in entire network.
* Search your local computer for the same things.