pdfFactory is the first PDF creation tool designed for non-expert users. Anyone can create PDF documents that can be published on Web sites, emailed, or archived. PDF files are used to represent printed material electronically. When viewed and printed, they contain all the fonts, graphical information, layout and formatting of an original printed document. A PDF file can be viewed on any operating system including MacOS, and all Unix variants including Linux.
• Create PDF or print to paper: Only pdfFactory allows printing to paper or PDF without printing twice. Acrobat is not needed for printing.
• Combines multiple documents into a single PDF: Increases the convenience of document delivery by having a single PDF that contains material from different sources. Just keep printing documents to pdfFactory and they will automatically be combined.
• Preview: Allows quick, accurate previewing of the PDF, including up to 400% zoom, without saving the file first and without opening Acrobat.
• Security: Encrypt and control access to PDF files as follows:
- Prevent printing PDFs
- Prevent copying text and graphics
- Prevent opening without a password
- Prevent editing (yes, PDFs can be edited) .
• Font embedding: Ensures that the original fonts used in a document are displayed even if the reader of the PDF does not have the fonts installed on his or her computer.
• Page insertion and deletion: Allows unwanted material to be deleted before the PDF is created. This is especially useful when creating PDFs from long reports, email and web pages.
• Send via email: One mouse click sends PDFs through your default email program. Also copies PDF to clipboard for pasting into existing email.
• AutoSave: Saves entire contents of pdfFactory sessions automatically so you can retrieve previously compiled PDFs.
• Live URL Links: Customize links by line type, thickness and color to open Web pages and email addresses with a click of your mouse.
• Easy server deployment: Click here for information on our Server Edition.
pdfFactory Pro includes all of the features in the standard version plus:
• Create PDFs on letterhead
• Add page numbering, headers, footers, watermarks
• Bookmarks and Table of Contents: Automatically or manually create bookmarks to organize and easily navigate complex documents.
• Integrated Jobs Tab: Shows all jobs and allows you to rearrange them.
• Custom Drivers: Save your settings to multiple print drivers so you can quickly select them for specific tasks.
• Set Initial Acrobat Display Properties: Such as zoom factor, layout and tab configuration.