The aim of this software is to help the users that don't want to bother (or don't know know how) to add and keep up-to-date the ipfilter list in uTorrent and to make the updating process as fast and easy as possible.
With this application you can do this with just "one click".
This download does not contain any ipfilter list but automatize the updating process for uTorrent.
This, as said in the torrent title is the "v.3.1" of uTorrent ipFilter Updater already posted here on Demonoid.
Here are listed the details / changes:
* Small file size: only 241kb
* No installation required. The program is standalone
* The download process can be aborted at any time without change in the current ipfilter.dat file
* At the end of the update process the program ask to launch utorrent
* The program configuration are stored in "ipfilter_v3.ini" file that is created after the first execution in the program directory. There the user can change the default temp folder for the download, the path of storage of the ipfilter.dat file and the location of utorrent application
* A small window shows the downloading progress (actually only the amount of kbytes already downloaded)
* Tested (and working) under Windows Vista SP1
* The program uses 7za.exe, included in the torrent (from www.7-zip.org licensed under the GNU LGPL) to extract the ipfilter list
* The default ipfilter list is the "Paranoid" from bluetrack (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/bims/filters/)
* NEW: Added the possibility to change the ipfilter list in the ipfilter.ini file. This can be done after the first execution of the program. Refer to the included Readme.txtfor an example on how to edit the ini. (thanks to migmone for the suggestion)
Note for v.3 users: The download will be performed in the same directory of v.3 to avoid the downloading of 7za.exe a second time. There you can delete the ipfilter_v3.exe that is not needed.
Note 1: The 7za.exe have to be in the same folder of the ipfilter updater to allow the updating process to be completed successfully.
Note 2: As reported in the FAQ on bluetrack website the ipfilter list is updated once a week, so it is a good thing to run the updater with that frequency.
Once the download is completed in the uTorrent "logger" tab you will see:
[date - time] Loaded ipfilter.dat (xxxxx entries)
To enable IP filtering in uTorrent, go to "Options -> Preferences -> Advanced" and set "ipfilter.enable" to "true".
The software was written with the scripting language AutoIt3.
To allow the download process grant to the program the access to internet if your firewall ask.