PC Tools ThreatFire Pro 126.96.36.199
ThreatFire™ protects when your antivirus can't.
ThreatFire is an application designed to protect your computer against malware such as trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, and buffer overflows by intelligently detecting and blocking behavior consistent with that of malware. It uses advanced patent-pending technology to detect signs of malicious behavior commonly used by malware threats. ThreatFire is unlike traditional antivirus products that rely on old fashioned "signature" technology and require updating every time a new threat occurs. By constantly monitoring the activity on your PC ThreatFire’s ActiveDefense technology is able to hunt down and paralyze threats that are too new or too clever to be recognized by traditional security software. ThreatFire employs an intelligent behavioral engine to only alert you on truly malicious behavior, because sometimes even legitimate software may look malicious. This means you are only alerted when you really need to be.
PCs are under constant attack from viruses, spyware and identity theft. Every day you hear about a new threat to your PC. They're coming faster than ever before, they're getting harder to stop and traditional antivirus products are not able to keep up. Will your antivirus software catch the latest malware that just came out today? In most cases, no, because it simply does not know how to detect it yet. But ThreatFire's ActiveDefense technology does, and has proven to provide up to 243% more protection when combined with traditional AntiVirus products.
ThreatFire is dramatically different to traditional antivirus software. Normal antivirus products usually need to have first identified and seen a threat before they can provide adequate protection against it. The protection is then provided via a signature or fingerprint update, which must first be written by an antivirus researcher. This creates a large window of time where threats are undetected and can therefore infect your PC even when you have antivirus software installed.
ThreatFire continually protects your PC against attacks by detecting malicious behavior, such as capturing your keystrokes or stealing your data, instead of only looking for known threats like normal antivirus software. By implementing sophisticated real-time behavioral analysis ThreatFire is able to stop never- before-seen "zero-day" threats solely by detecting their malicious activity.
ThreatFire's patent-pending ActiveDefense technology offers protection against all types of internet threats - both known and unknown — spyware, adware, keyloggers, viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, buffer overflows, and other malware. ThreatFire uses its unparalleled protection to hunt down and paralyze those threats that are either too new or too clever to be recognized by traditional "signature-based" antivirus software.
• Persistent zero-day threat protection made easy for everyone — even novice users!
• Perpetually ready for the next malware outbreak, with no signature updates required.
• Runs in background without impacting system performance.
• NEW! ThreatFire now includes advanced protection features including malware quarantine and removal, rootkit scanner and custom rules settings in both the Free and Pro versions.
• Patent-pending ActiveDefense technology intelligently scans and analyzes computer processes to detect and block any malicious activity — without false positives!
• Highest level of out-of-the-box accuracy. No need to configure baffling, technical security settings: just turn ThreatFire on and start blocking malware.
• Protects against both known and zero-day viruses, worms, trojans, buffer overflows, rootkits and even some spyware.
• Works alongside your current security programs — there is no need to uninstall your antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall or other security program before installing ThreatFire.
• NEW! ThreatFire Pro includes PC Tools AntiVirus’s on-demand AV scanner, giving you added peace of mind so you can quickly and easily scan your PC for known threats.