Internet Download Accelerator is an easy-to-use and effective download manager that can increase download speeds by up to 500 percent. It uses intellectual multi-section download to provide the best possible performance for all connection types.
The acceleration is achieved by splitting a file being downloaded into several parts and downloading these parts at the same time.
IDA resumes downloads, broken due to lost connections, network problems, and computer shutdowns, from where they left off. IDA supports download from HTTP and FTP servers, and can work through proxy-servers.
To increase usability it integrates into Internet Explorer to automatically take over your downloads. Also IDA adds a toolbar to Internet Explorer to improve your download experience.
Internet Download Accelerator will monitor the system clipboard and detect copied URLs. IDA cooperates with your antivirus program to automatically scan files after completing download.
The scheduler lets you control the operation of Internet Download Accelerator in automatic mode. You can download files at the specified time, connect to your ISP automatically, and disconnect upon completion of all scheduled downloads.
With the site manager, you can automatically pass a user name and password to a server and specify a folder for saving files downloaded from a certain site. IDA also features import and export of the download list. International users are provided with multi-language interface option.
Here are some key features of "Internet Download Accelerator":
Easy to use
· intuitive, user-friendly, and customizable user interface;
· download lists support with rich sorting options;
· the floating window including download speed indicator, active downloads indicators, cart for dragging links;
· original Active Visual Cart technology which lets you to work with IDA without opening the main program window;
· support for plug-ins;
· skins support;
· Fast Update - check for availability of new versions of the program;
· multilingual support.
Full set of necessary functions
· dynamic multi-threaded download;
· resumes broken downloads from where they left off from both HTTP, HTTPS and FTP servers;
· scheduled operation, PC shutdown, sleep or stand-by after completing download;
· optimal settings for work with various connection types (dial-up, ISDN, ADSL, LAN) at various speed;
· FTP Explorer;
· support for download mirrors. Searching for and adding download mirrors;
· power and useful tool for management of download categories;
· work with ZIP archives: option to preview the contents of ZIP archives before download, option to download only files selected from an archive, option to check ZIP archives and recover corrupted files as well as option to unpack archives;
· work with RAR archives: option to check RAR archives, option to unpack archives;
· detailed log-file for every download;
· site manager for passwords and download folders management;
· download speed control, automatic mode for the most comfortable browsing on the Web. Manual mode for dynamic control of download speed;
· option to set priorities for downloads;
· possibility to download html-pages with images;
· download entire folders (including subfolders) via FTP;
· content recognition when working through HTTP;
· work with command-line;
· dial for dial-up connection;
· search for files, programs, archives and documents in IDATop.com file catalog;
· Smart Pause/Start. Ability to temporarily stop current downloads with option to start them later in the same order and state;
· rich options of tuning connection parameters HTTP, HTTPS and FTP;
· work behind HTTP and FTP proxy-servers, support for NTLM and NTLM-proxy authentication. IDA can automatically detect and use your browser's proxy-server settings;
· support for FTP over SSL/TSL;
· option to play streaming audio and video files while they are being downloaded. Automatic receipt of information about MP3 files when starting download;
· downloads history;
· option of dragging selected text from browser or another program onto the floating window. IDA will find links in the text and offer you to start download;
· ability to drag download description text from another programs. Automatic insertion of the text selected on a page opened in IE into the download description.
· search in the download list;
· option of automatic synchronization of files on servers and your computer (autoupdate);
· checking downloaded files for updates (manually or automatically);
· marking downloaded files as unread;
· wide download list export/import options. Supported formats: .txt, .txtd, .lst, .urls, .ion.