* Seamlessly integrates essential technologies such as antivirus, antispyware, firewall, intrusion
prevention, device and application control.
* Requires only a single agent that is managed by a single management console.
* Provides unmatched endpoint protection from the market leader in endpoint security.
* Enables instant NAC upgrade without additional software deployment for each endpoint.
Single Agent and Single Console
Delivers a single agent for all Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies and Symantec Network Access Control. Delivers a single integrated interface for managing all Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies and Symantec Network Access Control. All allow for a single communication method and content delivery system across all technologies.
* Provides operational efficiencies such as single software updates, single policy updates.
* Provides unified and central reporting.
* Provides unified licensing and maintenance.
* Requires no change to the client when adding Symantec Network Access Control enforcement.
* Lowers Total Cost of Ownership for endpoint security.
* Reduces administrative effort.
Proactive Threat Scanning
Behavioral-based protection that protects against zero-day threats and threats not seen before. Unlike other heuristic-based technologies, TruScanTM Proactive Threat Scan scores both the good and bad behavior of unknown applications, providing a more accurate malware detection.
* Accurately detects malware without the need to set up rule-based configurations.
* Helps lower the number of false positives.
Advanced Rootkit Detection and Removal
Provides superior rootkit detection and removal by integrating VxMS (Veritas Mapping Service—a Veritas technology), thereby providing access below the operating system to allow thorough analysis and repair.
* Detects and removes the most difficult rootkits.
* Saves time and money and productivity lossses associated with re-imaging infected machines.
Controls which peripherals can be connected to a machine and how the peripherals are used. It locks down an endpoints to prevent connections from thumb drives, CD burners, printers, and other USB devices.
* Prevents sensitive and confidential data from being extracted or stolen from endpoints (data leakage).
* Prevents endpoints from being infected by viruses spread from peripheral devices.
Optimal Client and Server Performance
Optimized client boot times and application load times enables comprehensive protection and better performance for all customer sizes and environments.
* OS: Windows 98/Me/2000/2003/XP, Windows Vista or better
* CPU: >750MHz Intel or AMD CPU
* RAM: 64 MB RAM or above