- Sophisticated streaming technology delivers the data to you as you need it.
- Imagery and 3D data depict the entire earth - Terabytes of aerial and satellite imagery depict cities around the world in high-resolution detail.
- Local search lets you search for restaurants, hotels, and even driving directions. Results show in your 3D earth view. Easy to layer multiple searches, save results to folders, and share with others.
- Layers show parks, schools, hospitals, airports, retail, and more.
- Overlays – import site plans, design sketches and even scanned blueprints.
- Annotate the view with lines and polygons.
- Spreadsheet import - ingest up to 2,500 locations by address or lat/lon.
- KML – data exchange format let your share useful annotations.
Version 4.3 offers up revamped navigation controls, 3-D photo-realistic buildings in major cities, and time-lapse views of sunsets and sunrises. Also new in Google Earth 4.3 is access to the street view movies found in Google Maps. Just click any of the camera icons and the familiar street view window will pop up. The sunrise and sunset movies are also quite impressive. Fly to a location you'd like to see and click the "sun" button in the toolbar. That will bring up a small timeline graphic and you can either hit play or drag the timeline slider to watch the day unfold.