2 Webcam Modes: Live Chat and Live Recording
YouCam works with leading Instant Messaging software to add so much more to the video chat experience. YouCam supports the following software:
* Windows Live Messenger
* Yahoo Messenger
* AOL Instant Messenger
YouCam is a very easy tool for creating display images and video clips by capturing photos and videos with your web camera. With YouCam you have your very own photo booth.
* Photo capturing- Take single "passport" shots or strike a sequence of poses with the burst shot feature. YouCam captures your photos as jpegs allowing you to import easily into other applications such as video or photo editing software.
Video capturing - Create video cards, news reports, or your own music videos. YouCam captures video and audio using the Windows Media Video format so you can easily play or edit your clips in other video applications.
Recording Tools and Settings
* Timestamp - Automatically record the time and date you start capturing by activating the timestamp feature. Select your font and position on the screen. Works with videos and photos.
* Countdown clock - Give yourself time to pose with the 3-second countdown. Works with photo snaphots and video capturing.
* Timed Recording - Set your webcam to stop recording automatically, either after continuous recording, taking a series of snapshots, or when motion is detected. Using time-lapse recording you can set how often a new snapshot is taken.
* Effects - YouCam lets you add effects as you capture. Select an effect and then capture yourself as a photo or clip.
Sharing Your Recordings
* Sharing Your Recordings Publishing on YouTube™- What's a star without a stage? Once you've captured your video you can upload to YouTube
* directly from YouCam. Don't just keep your work to yourself, share it with everyone!
* Emailing to friends - YouCam also lets you email videos and photos directly to friends.Click on the Email button and your email software opens with your file automatically attached.
* Printing your photos - Output your captured photos directly to your printer.