Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2009 offers more than just the distribution: a selection of the best open source software with added exclusive software. With these exclusive applications, nothing is easier than playing your favorite Windows games, listening to your audio files and watching videos without worrying what format they're in. As well as this additional software, you get support which lets you get the best out of your distribution. Powerpack is the all-in-one edition for all Linux users, beginners as well as advanced users.
- Processor: Any Intel®, AMD or VIA processor.
- RAM: 512MB minimum, 1GB recommended.
- Hard disk: 2GB minimum, 6GB recommended.
- Graphics card: NVIDIA®, ATITM, Intel®, SiS, Matrox,VIA. 3D desktop functionality requires an NVIDIA GeForce (up to 8800), ATITM Radeon 7000 to HD 3870, or Intel® i845 to x4500HD.
- 3D acceleration is supported on most capable hardware. For more details, check the hardware compatibility database.
- Sound cards: All Sound Blaster, AC97 and HDA compatible cards are supported. Note: Creative Labs X-Fi cards are not currently supported.
DVD drive required.
- SATA, IDE, SCSI, SAS: most controllers are supported in non-RAID mode, and some are supported in RAID mode.
List is not exhaustive: certain hardware not listed may also be supported. For more information, visit: http://hcl.mandriva.com
The latest open source software provided by the Mandriva development community
The Mandriva development community, Cooker, has existed since 1998. It encompasses thousands of members and dozens of permanent contributors including community and Mandriva developers as well as translators and testers. This community organization lets Mandriva participate in many open source projects and integrate the latest developments into its releases. Developed over six months, Mandriva Linux 2009 includes the latest versions of:
- KDE 4.1, the next-generation desktop environment, as well as the previous KDE 3.5.10
- GNOME 2.24, the latest stable version of the other leading desktop environment
- A completely new base system with kernel 2.6.27, providing the latest and broadest hardware support
- The Compiz Fusion 3D desktop system, which provides a multitude of graphical effects that will change your perception of the desktop
OpenOffice.org 3, the latest version of the most popular open source office suite
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3, the world's leading web browser
For a complete view of Mandriva Linux 2009 functionnalities, please visit 2009 Tour on Mandriva wiki.