One of the great live rock albums of all time. Since the demise of their classic line up there has been a flood of Uriah Heep´s live recordings, old and new, but this is the real thing. The band was at its peak, working like a well oiled machine delivering a stunning performance captured on one night only (they tried to record 3 nights in Birmingham, but the equipament malfunctioned badly on the first two).
Everything works on this album and the only complaint I have its the fact taht they did only a small piece of the magician´s Birthday suite. I´d have to wait until the Magician´s Birthday Party DVD some 30 years later to hear (and see) a complete live version of this epic. But anyway, I believe at the time it was a difficult task (besides the limited vinyl time). And the rest of the show is flawless. A great time capsule that capture a quite unique moment. Production is quite good: it succesfully displayed how tight those guys were live.
Ir you ever wanted to hear what was like the music of Uriah Heep in the 70´s and why they have such a big name in rock history, just listen to this album. A must have for any rock fan, prog or not. A classic. Highly recommended!
This double set by this exciting British hard rock band manages to capture all the feelings of a concert. Apparently very little of the overdubbing so common on "live" efforts has been done here, and the band sounds incredibly like their studio disks while still offering the in-person flavor. Highlights are the top vocals of David Byron and the exceptional keyboard work of Ken Hensley. Best cuts: "Easy Livin'," "July Morning," "Medley" (with classic rock such as "At The Hop" and "Blue Suede Shoes.")
- Billboard, 1973.
Uriah Heep may have been a popular concert attraction, but that doesn't necessarily mean their concerts were always entertaining, as the dull Uriah Heep Live proves. * *
- Daevid Jehnzen, The All-Music Guide to Rock, 1995.
1. Sunrise - 3:50 - (Hensley)
2. Sweet Lorraine - 4:27 - (Box, Byron, Thain)
3. Traveller in Time - 3:20 - (Byron, Box, Kerslake)
4. Easy Livin' - 2:43 - (Hensley)
5. July Morning - 11:23 - (Hensley, Byron)
6. Tears in My Eyes - 4:34 - (Hensley)
7. Gypsy - 13:32 - (Box, Byron)
8. Circle of Hands - 8:47 - (Hensley)
9. Look at Yourself - 5:57 - (Hensley)
10. The Magicians Birthday - 1:15 - (Hensley, Box, Kerslake)
11. Love Machine - 3:07 - (Hensley, Byron, Box)
12. Rock 'N' Roll Medley - 8:17
BONUS TRACKS ON 2003 EXPANDED DE-LUXE CD:
The Radio Show:
1. Something Or Nothing
2. I Won't Mind
3. Look At Yourself
The Film Mixes:
5. Easy Livin'
6. So Tired
7. I Won't Mind
8. Something Or Nothing
9. The Easy Road
11. Love Machine
12. Rock and Roll Medley
- David Byron / vocals
- Mick Box / guitar, vocals
- Gary Thain / bass, vocals
- Lee Kerslake / drums, vocals
- Ken Hensley / keyboards, vocals
Extractor: EAC 0.99 prebeta 4
Read Mode: Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache.
Codec: Flac 1.2.1; Level 8
Source: Original CD
Artwork: Full Scans 300dp.