Requirements: W9x, P166, 32Mb ram, 4x CD-ROM, 300mb hd
** Release Information **
Imagine being able to travel between these two worlds, between Stark and
Arcadia. Imagine being able to Shift between realities as easily as stepping
through a doorway. In The Longest Journey, you can. And in order to save the
precious Balance between worlds, between order and chaos,between science and
magic, you must.
The Longest Journey is an epic adventure through the twin worlds of Stark and
Arcadia, seen through the eyes of April, an 18-year old art student.
The Longest Journey features more than 100 unique locations, a cast of more
than 50 characters, and huge variety of story-related puzzles.
The Longest Journey is a traditional point-and-click adventure game updated
with state of the art technology, graphics and gameplay.
Each scene is displayed using more than 16 million colours in high-resolution
(640 by 480), and an advanced 3D engine means that the characters are rendered
in real-time and consist of more than 1000 polygons each.
* Over 150 locations spanning two distinct and detailed worlds
* More than 70 speaking characters
* Exciting mix of 2D and 3D graphics in high-resolution
* Supports both 16- and 32-bit colour depths in software and hardware
* Each scene featuring multiple 3D characters with up to 1,000 polygons each
* Support for most 3D accelerators through Direct3D
* Real-time lighting with detailed shadow-effects and moving light sources
* Dynamic coloured lighting in both sofware and hardware
* Motion captured animations
* Skeletal animation system with real-time interpolation
* Real-time lip-synching of dialogue
* 40+ hours of gameplay
* 20+ minutes of high-resolution pre-rendered video footage
* Cinematic musical score