PowerDVD is the latest evolution of the world acclaimed DVD software program that offers maximum video and audio playback entertainment on the PC. It comes complete with numerous customizable video/audio controls that can deliver the highest quality viewing and listening experience. PowerDVD incorporates support for high-definition audio and video, true 8-channel home theater audio playback, virtual surround sound, as well as complete controls and extra features for DVD enthusiasts.
• Indulge in the extreme quality of high-definition movies
• Explore high-definition Blu-ray Disc movies
• Remix your movies: create new stories to watch and share
• Build your own movie collection; write personal reviews
• Share a love of movies with new friends on MoovieLive.com
Enjoy High-Definition Movies
PowerDVD delivers award-winning playback quality for movies on the PC.
• High-definition movie content - The best video quality out there, with support for video formats like AVCHD and Blu-ray Discs.
• Advanced video technologies - See the beauty in each shot of every scene with TrueTheater Technology.
• Home theater audio - Enjoy movies on the PC as if you are right at the cinema, with support for Dolby, DTS, and other home theater technologies.
• Smart DVD utilities - Save battery power on your notebook (See-it-All), move language subtitles (Read-it-Clearly), and auto loop a section of dialog (Say-it-Again), with PowerDVD's award winning DVD controls.
Remix Your DVD Movies
PowerDVD lets you create new stories based on existing movies, or simply express your creativity and opinions in unconventional ways.
• Movie Remix - Put your own touches to a movie by re-ordering scenes, adding subtitles, inserting animated PiPs, and recording a voice-over.
• Watch other people's remixes - Download remixes from MoovieLive and see what other people have created.
• Share your remixes online - Upload your remixes to MoovieLive and let others share in your unique vision.
Collect Movie Information
PowerDVD helps you build a library of movie facts and figures, combining personal notes and disc information. Sync your movie collection to your MoovieLive account.
• Your movie collection - Create a collection of movies, and keep a record of your viewing experience. Gather data and trivia about the DVDs you watch.
• Reviews & ratings - Write reviews about the movies you've seen. Give a quick 5-star rating and compare that with what others like through the global rating.
• Quick movie stats - Quickly check how many PowerDVD users enjoy the same movies as you. PowerDVD lets you see the number of viewers, remixes made, reviews written, and DVD owners.
Connect via MoovieLive
PowerDVD gets you connected with other users via MoovieLive.com. You can see global ratings for the movies you watch, access information about the movies other people are watching too.
• Upload & download remixes - Download remixes to see different takes on a movie. Upload your own remixes to share with other PowerDVD users.
• Make friends - Find other people who are interested in the films you like, then get connected.
• Publish your thoughts - After writing a review of a movie, why not share your review with other PowerDVD users? MoovieLive lets you upload your review, and adds your ratings to the community's global rating.
• See what others have to say - Read reviews from other PowerDVD users and browse MoovieLive's database for tons of details about the movies you love (and loathe!).
• New! - SMPTE VC-1 High-Definition Video *
• MPEG4 AVC (H.264) High-Definition Video **
• TrueTheater - Lighting (Adaptive lighting for video quality enhancement)
• TrueTheater - Stretch (Non-linear stretch technology)
• Video smart de-interlacing
• New! - BD-ROM (Blu-ray Disc) playback *
• New! - BD-RE (Blu-ray Disc) playback *
• VCPS for DVD+VR with content protection
• CPRM for DVD-VR with content protection **
• DVD-Audio **
• External subtitles
• DVD files (DVD-Video, DVD-VR, DVD+VR) from any folder in your hard drive
• New! - Movie Collection Support
• New! - Movie Remix
• New! - Integration with MoovieLive Service
• UPnP Support - Access your media from a Home Network **
• Say-It-Again - Automatically repeats the last movie scene
• See-It-All - Automatically speeds playback to show as much of the movie as possible
• Read-It-Clearly - Moves subtitles from the viewing screen
* Available in Ultra Edition (Blu-ray Disc) only
** Available in Deluxe version and Ultra Edition (Blu-ray Disc)
• Now supports HDMI Repeater
Ripped: DirectX Setup, the Google Toolbar & RichVideo
Preactivated Recompressed Unattended Setup:
• Installs the Ultra Version - pre-activated with Advance Audio Pack
• Doesn't install the Google Toolbar & Cyberlink's RichVideo Service
• Registered version: No more annoying Registration Reminder popups
• Unlocked TrueTheater Surround Headphone Mode (Registration Bonus)
• Installs a bonus skin with Mac OS X Aurora background (Black Mac)
• Sets the cursor hide time in Full Screen to 1 second (default= 3)
Install: I've modified the 8.0.2021a.50 update for PowerDVD 8 Ultra so you can use it as a regular install
Run Setup.exe,.. unzip Patch2Full.zip and run Install.bat, it copies the missing files to the PowerDVD directory
Tweak Pack for PowerDVD 8
Enable/Disable_MoovieLive.reg: Enables/Disables MoovieLive and Movie Remix *
Enable/Disable_FullScreen.reg: Enables/Disables Full Screen launch of movies *
DllRegServAllDF&P: Registers all decoders, filters and plugins **
CursorHideTime=1.reg: Changes the cursor hide time in Full Screen to 1 second instead of 3
CursorHideTime=D.reg: Restores the default cursor hide time
Remove_Startup_Apps.reg: Stops PDVD8LanguageShortcut and RemoteControl8 from running at Startup
Restore_Startup_Apps.bat: Restores the Startup Applications
* Applies to the current User Profile only!
** During the installation of PowerDVD, the installer not allways registers all decoders, filters and
plugins via the DllRegisterServer entry point. If you get errors, then try if this solves the problem.
AutoResume_Patch: Disables the Play/Resume screen and enables the AutoResume function.
PlayFromBeginning_Patch: Disables the Play/Resume screen and enables the PlayFromBeginning function.
PlayResume_Patch: Restores the Play/Resume screen.
HD DVD Playback Addon
Several PowerDVD 8 Ultra users claimed that their version could playback HD DVD, it turned out that they were using a non public beta version (v8.0.3913.50).
Some clever guys found out that you can re-enable HD DVD playback on the Retail version of PowerDVD 8 Ultra by combining it with files from the beta version.
This addon is based on info collected from various sources: forums, friends and my own knowledge. :)
Install: Run Install.bat
Note: I've improved the installer; it reads the InstallPath of PowerDVD 8 from the registry +
It automatically copies the files, writes the correct values to the registry and registers HDDVDNav.ax