Game Extractor is an advanced archive tool developed primarily to open and manipulate game archives. Game archives are typically proprietary formats developed by the gaming companies, and they often change between different games. Game Extractor, with the assistance of plugins, has the ability to read and manipulate many of these game archives that were previously unreadable, including archives from different gaming platforms such as PC, XBox, and Playstation.
Game Extractor was built to allow users to work with archives in the simplest manner possible, while still including many advanced features that are not found in other archive readers. You have the ability to open archives of various types, add and remove files, and save your archives for use. You can also extract the files from the archives to your computer for editing and viewing, or you can use the in built previewer for quick access. Previews can be saved in a variety of formats - the conversion done by Game Extractor.
Another important feature is the use of plugins. Until now, you needed to download a whole new program when a new archive type was developed. With Game Extractor, all you need to do is download a small plugin which works together with the program to allow access to these new archives. The plugin system has been developed to be specifically simple, allowing almost anyone to develop a new plugin without great programming knowledge. Game Extractor also comes with support for creating and using MexCom3 scripts - find scripts on the internet for use with various archives, or create your own script using the inbuilt editor.
* Over 600 plugins for reading and writing 1000+ game archives.
* Supports games from many platforms including PC, XBox, PS2, and PSP.
* Use MexCom3 scripts to read and write additional archives, or create your own scripts.
* Format scanner for finding files in unknown and unsupported archives.
* Extract, replace, and rename files in existing archives.
* Add and remove files from existing archives, or create new archives from scratch.
* Previews of common formats including images, audio, and video files.
* Convert previews into different formats.
* Customizable interface, including color and font changers, and a toolbar builder.
Advanced hex viewer for displaying information about unknown files.
* Togglable dialogs, so you can disable the annoying ones.
* Cut and package unsupported archives for analysis.
* View archive contents as a table, tree, or a combination of both.
* Undo and Redo controls for when you make a mistake.
* Support for many different languages.
* Autorun programs for quick and easy use on Windows computers.