Find Out Everything You Need to Know to Create Apps for iPhone — Even If You Can't Program a VCR...
from the desk of BenJamin J. Prater
"I've created a course that will show you everything you need to know about developing highly-profitable iPhone apps. You don't need to know how to program. If you can doodle on a piece of paper, I can show you step-by-step how to create apps."
$30 million a month is being made from apps...
$1 million+ is going into developer's pockets every single day... and part of that could be yours...
(Last week, one developer spent 24 hours creating an application and netted $30,000 his first day.)
Now it's your turn to develop iPhone applications and be part of the party.
"Don't miss out on this game-changing technology. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
Let me tell you a bit more about iPhone and iPhone apps...
WHAT WE'VE CREATED FOR YOU...
You May Not Believe This...
...but App Store has been called the "iTunes of the Mobile World". Apple has, once again, not only created a new market but is in the process of cornering it.
Microsoft and RIM, the maker of Blackberry, are completely freaked out. They should be. 100 million downloads of iPhone apps in 2 months is game changing.
What's App Store?
If you aren't familiar with App Store, it's really simple.
Think of it like this: imagine that anytime you want to download a program for your computer, you always go to one central website.
This website would include every program in existence, reviews for the programs and a way to easily purchase and download the programs, without entering your credit card.
Imagine that every program has been vetted to ensure they work correctly for your computer and that they contain no viruses.
And if you want to order, it's a simple click. Even if you have to pay, it is handled transparently. No credit card number to deal with.
One-click and it installs to your computer and all you have to do is click the icon to launch the application.
That's App Store in a nutshell.
And what's even more impressive is that you can do all this from your iPhone. You can be riding along I-95, download a couple games and be playing them in minutes.
Don't forget to sign-up for other iPhone related information:
If you've ever wanted to be part of a hot market, this is your chance...
How many times have you kicked yourself thinking: why didn't I start eBay myself? Or why didn't I put together a site like YouTube?
Today, they seem obvious, but back then, not everybody was so sure. App Store is like this: it broke ground in July. But in just a couple months, everyone sees the opportunity.
Look at what Steve Jobs said:
"[App Store is] going to crest a half a billion [dollars], soon. Who knows, maybe it will be a 1 billion [dollar] marketplace at some point in time. I've never seen anything like this in my career for software."
—Steve Jobs, CEO, Apple, August 2008
"Never seen anything like this..." When a visionary like Steve Jobs says something like this, it's worth thinking about.
Are you going to be wondering in a couple years: why didn't I jump into the whole App Store thing?
Enough about that... let me tell you what this course is about...
I created the course that I wish I had when I started getting involved in iPhone development.
I wanted an easy-to-use reference that would walk me through the entire process of creating applications.
I had questions like:
* What do I need from Apple to get started?
* What does the process of creating an app look like from start to end?
* What do I need to keep in mind when creating apps?
* What do I need to know when putting an app up for folks to download?
* What am I missing that is going to make this process difficult?
And I knew others would have similar questions, so I began to package everything I had learned into the 'iPhone Secrets Exposed' course.
I've created a four-week course for you that will teach you everything you need to know about creating and selling iPhone applications.
And I know you'll love it.
Who is this course for?
Since 2001, I've been teaching folks who aren't programmers how they can get involved in the software business.
Many of my students have created amazing businesses for themselves, and I'm proud of what they've achieved.
This course is no different.
I want to show you everything you need to know in developing for iPhone except for the coding part. And trust me, there is plenty to know about!
I've spent countless hours working my way through the materials available online, asking questions, running my own tests — just to get simple answers to my questions.
But you won't have to...
I'm going to make the process painless for you. And when 'iPhone Secrets — Exposed!' doesn't include an answer you need, I will dig it up for you!
One of the big challenges in learning any process is simply being able to stand back and see the process in action. I want you to feel confident that you can create your own iPhone apps.
WHY YOU NEED THIS COURSE...
Here's why you should develop apps for iPhone...
Ah, I thought you'd never ask!
I've developed a lot of different applications in different languages on different platforms over the years. (That's a tongue-twister.) iPhone is different.
Let me tell you why:
* iPhone has an amazing framework to develop on. Powerful, sexy. Developers love it. It offers tremendous power and speed for developing apps.
* You don't have to create big burly apps. Tiny little apps have become the most popular (and profitable!) Small apps means you can get started cheaply and quickly!
* You don't have to worry about taking payment from customers. It is taken care of for you. You don't have to worry about merchant accounts. You'll simply get a check in the mail.
* You don't need a website. You don't need to host any files. You don't have to worry about customers losing your application. It is all done for you.
* You don't need to do any promotion. It is one thing to build an app. It's another to get people to notice. Since everyone uses the same App Store, you have access to the 10 million iPhone owners who can see your app.
If you've had limited experience creating and selling software, let me tell you this up-front: those are some darned compelling reasons to be developing for this platform.
Bottom-line: All the sticky, ugly, messy stuff is all taken care of. What does this mean to you? You can focus on what you do best: creating amazing iPhone applications.
Here's why you should be developing for iPhone, right now, today...
This course is time-sensitive. We are looking at a very-real market with very-real dollars being made. Folks that are early to the party are going to be the real winners.
* There are a relatively few number of applications available on App Store right now. 10 million iPhone owners, 100 million downloads and only about 2,000 apps currently available. Supply is limited, demand is high. Both you and I know what that means!
* This opportunity will and won't last for a long time. iPhone and App Store is here to stay. But being early in the market means that you will have the ability to brand yourself as an early adopter and grow a legion of fans. Along the way, you can make some serious money. (You like that part, huh?)
You know what I think? Regardless of the business you are in, you owe it to yourself to find out more about this iPhone app stuff.
You can learn to create software for iPhone in two ways...
There are a few ways you can attack learning iPhone. The way I did it is the hard way: I signed up as an iPhone developer and then I read tons and tons of documentation, asked lots of questions, spend hours testing ideas and systems to understand exactly what the iPhone offers the software developer.
What's worse is that Apple has put some restrictions on what folks can say about the development process, so even finding information online today is tricky.
Or you can do it the easy way: invest in the "iPhone Secrets Exposed" course and get all the juicy bits in an easily digestable system. You'll be off-and-running in no time.
Here's the bottom line: My goal, in this course, is to teach you everything you need to know to dive headfirst into the world of developing iPhone applications.
INSIDE THE MASTER COURSE...
This is a jam-packed course...
Let me show you what you are getting in this course.
This course is a four (4) week course. It is easy to become overwhelmed with all the details of this process, so I've broken everything down into managable steps.
Even when we've finished the 4 weeks, you can always go back and review any of the material we've covered.
And this is what you get...
The course includes videos, audio, notes, checklists, action plans and personal feedback. All the juicy pieces you'll need to create iPhone apps.
Here's the meat of the course:
* Week 1: "iPhone and App Store Insider's Guide." We will look how at we can leverage both platforms, and talk about many of the things you'll want to remember as you develop your own apps.
* Week 2: "Sample Apps Review and your Blueprint." We will look at several leading apps for ideas, and then we'll get to work putting your idea down on paper. This will be fun!
* Week 3: "Finding a Programmer and the Build." Finding an iPhone developer can be tough, we'll show you how. Once we've done that, we'll dig in and show you the build process.
* Week 4: "Submitting to App Store and Profit!" Ok, our app is done! Let's get it submitted to App Store. We'll show you some great promotional tips to get more people downloading your app.
And you'll also be getting a six-month membership to the following resources...
* iPhone Master Course Forums. One of the best things about a community of folks coming together to learn something — is that the interaction can be incredibly helpful! We have forums available so that you can ask me or others questions you are having.
* Weekly Q&A. Each week, I'll compile questions you are having and we'll find answers to help you out.
* Screenshot Library. I've found that when creating software, it is enormously helpful to have an active reference library of screenshots. In this library, we've archived 10,000+ screenshots from thousands of iPhone apps. These are useful both for coming up with app ideas and for ideas in laying out your applications.
* Icon Library. A reference library of 3,000 icons. Inspiration!
* Idea Library. Having trouble coming up with an idea for your app? We have you covered here!
* Programmer Database. We are actively creating a library of developers you can contact about your project. Right now, it can be a challenge to find a good iPhone developer, so we are going to lead you through the minefield.
* 2 Emergency Phone Calls. If you run into a big problem or just want to chat about your app, we will chat on the phone.
* Email Support. If you run into problems or want my advice, you'll get my private email address that you can hit me up with questions or comments.
Pretty complete, right? I know you'll love it.
The next session of 'Iphone Secrets Exposed' Master Class is now open...
...and the gates to the members-only site open on September 19th. And on September 22nd, classes will start.
Don't forget, only 50 seats will be available for this class. Don't wait too long to sign up!
I love programming...
If I were stuck on a desert island, the one thing I'd ask for is a solar-powered laptop with a couple programming languages.
In no time, I'd hack together a few games. I'd keep myself entertained for years. When I get tired of one game, I'd just program another!
My name is BenJamin Prater and I've been developing software since I was just a little boy. I've been doing software professionally from the age of 17.
And because I love teaching as much as I do programming, I started showing others how to create and sell their own software shortly after 9-11, creating the very popular guide, "Software Secrets — Exposed!"
I was CTO of a company during the dot-com boom of the late 90s. I've written some of the industries most complex web-based software. I've managed teams of folks in creating world class software.
I dig cool people...
And I often get to work with some really cool people. Recently, Dan Kennedy (yep, that Dan Kennedy!) called me up to ask me to spearhead a technically difficult project for his company.
You know, there are a lot of folks out there doing teaching. But I don't know if anyone is as detail-obsessed as I am. It isn't good enough for me to give folks a rough idea on how to do something, I want you to know precisely how things work and how to do a better job than anyone else.
I need you to be happy...
I am confident that with the system we've created, you'll be able to create and sell iPhone applications faster and more easily than you thought possible.
Here's my personal guarantee...
Follow the steps in my program. If you aren't successful in putting together an iPhone application, let me know and I'll reimburse you 100% of the money you've invested.
Easy enough, right?
No expiration date on this offer, no rush to put something together before you are absolute ready. I need you to be happy.
"Does my app need to be complex?"
Some of the most popular and successful iPhone apps are incredibly simple.
This is one great reason to get involved with creating iPhone apps — they are so simple that you don't have to dedicate a lot of time or money to them.
You create a blueprint, find a developer and put the finished app up on App Store. That's it!
"Wait, does this course teach me how to program the iPhone?"
This course is designed to teach you everything you need to know about app development, except for the programming part. You will need to find someone to put the app together for you. We'll show you how to do this as cheap and as effectively as possible.
"This all seems pretty complicated..."
You know, that was my first thought when I started doing my research to develop my own apps on iPhone.
The credit goes to Apple for developing a very streamlined process for developing apps. And they did a fantastic job on documenting it.
However, they didn't make it simple for the non-programmer to grasp the volumes of information they have in play. With this course, I distill down everything you need to know in a step-by-step process.
"Ben, what do you think about this platform?"
I think it's evident that Apple did it's homework in putting together an elegant framework on an advanced device.
The level of control and flexibility is amazing. And being able to quickly do animations, games, internet-connected applications — all from a phone is awesome.
"Do I need to have experience in developing software?"
I've been teaching folks how to develop their own software since 2001. My answer has always been the same: nope. Developing great software is all about clearly understanding another person's problem and how to most eloquently fix that problem.
This course will walk you through this process so that you can create an application people rave about.
"Why this course? Can't I just read what Apple has put online and get to work?"
But this course was designed with a different goal in mind that Apple had when it created its volume of resources. This course was created for the non-developer, whereas all of Apple's material is geared toward the advanced developer.
My goal is to break down the entire process for you in bite-sized steps that you can follow. I want to take all the fear out of developing apps for iPhone and get you invigorated for the amazing possibilities it offers.
"How much money can I make?"
That's a trick question, isn't it? You're sneaky.
Right now, App Store is taking in a million dollars every single day. That's real money that people who are holding iPhones in their hands are paying for app they want to use.
It isn't an imaginary market with imaginary big bucks to be made. It is a very real market that early adopters are jumping into with both feet.
"I already have an online business."
Terrific! Almost every business owner that has been a student of mine has two useful traits: 1) they understand their business model better than anyone else, and 2) they have existing customers ready to buy what they offer. Your customers want to buy your products. iPhone apps offers another revenue stream.