Proactive Online and PC Security for Your Family & Home Network
With the daily emergence of new and more sophisticated Internet threats and cyber criminals, you need more than a simple anti-virus program to avoid the online attacks that target you, your computer, your identity and that could disrupt your life immeasurably.
McAfee Total Protection provides comprehensive, proactive 12-in-1 security that guards what you value; and, McAfee SiteAdvisor Plus actively shields your PC from interaction with dangerous websites. Continuously and automatically updating, McAfee's security service helps prevent online hacker attacks with the latest protection. Also, it features a back-up and restore capability.
12-in-1 Prevention and Protection
* Safe Search, Safe Surf. McAfee SiteAdvisor adds ratings to websites to help you avoid online dangers.
* Home License Subscription Service. Automatically delivers the latest software features and threat updates and lets you easily manage security subscriptions for all your PCs.²
* Stops Viruses. Blocks and removes viruses and even stops them before they get to your PC.
* Stops Hackers. Protects and conceals your computer from hackers.
* Blocks Spyware. Blocks spyware before it installs on your computer and removes existing spyware.
* Improves PC Health. Cleans clutter off your computer so it stays healthy and secure.
* Secures Your Identity. Guards your identity from online fraud scams and identity thieves.
* Prevents Spam & Email Scams. Shields you from junk email.
* Protects Children Online. Filters offensive content, pictures, and websites.
* Backs Up & Restores Files. Automated back-up and one-click restore to protect your photos, music and important files.
* Home Network Protection. Monitors your entire network for security weaknesses, and lets you easily share files and printers.
* SiteAdvisor Plus. Extends safety ratings to links in emails and instant messages, and actively shields your PC from dangerous websites.
²An Internet connection is required to receive the latest version of the software and all updates and upgrades.
(Based on manufacturer's information)
Platform: PC Media
Format: CD-ROM System
* Microsoft® Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher, Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher, Windows VistaTM Personal computer with Pentium compatible processor 500 MHz or higher and 256 MB RAM
* 800 X 600 or higher resolution
* Internet connection
* .NET Framework version 1.1.4322
* Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
* Optional: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later
Supported Email Programs
* POP3 - Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail, Thunderbird;
* Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky, PostPet
* MAPI - Outlook
* Web - MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Supported Instant Messaging Programs
* AOL Instant Messenger 2.1 or later
* Yahoo Messenger 4.1 or later
* Microsoft Windows Messenger 3.6 or later
* MSN Messenger 6.0 or later
Required For Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In
* Outlook Express 6.0 or later
* Outlook 2000 or later
* Eudora 6.0 or later
* Thunderbird 1.0 or later
Link safety checking works with the following email & instant messenger applications:
* Outlook Express
* Yahoo! Mail
* MSN Mail/ Windows Live Mail (Hotmail)
* AOL Mail
* Yahoo Messenger
* MSN Messenger