Nero MediaHome is an application for streaming music, videos and images to UPnP-capable equipment (UPnP = Universal Plug and Play) and also to
Nero ShowTime 2
• Fully certified UPnP AV Media Server 1.0
• Auto-discovery of UPnP devices in the network
• Real-Time transcoding of your media into several different target formats. This ensures upward compatibility of your UPnP media renderers. So you will always be able to playback the newest and most efficient audio and video formats even if the renderer does not support it by native.
Transcoding of source media into several different target formats:
MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer 3), AAC (Nero Digital), HE-AAC (Nero Digital)
MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Nero Digital (MPEG-4)
JPEG, PNG, BMP
• Auto-detection of the audio/video capabilities of connected UPnP media renderers
• Possibility to set preferred target transcoder formats manually if desired or if auto-detection fails
Nero Premium Web Services:
• Streaming of premium content directly from the internet to all UPnP devices and Nero ShowTime
• Distribution of the premium content to media renderers even if Nero MediaHome is the only application connected to the internet (by proxying the content)
• Automatically updates on each start of Nero MediaHome (can be disabled)
• Acts as an UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) AV Media Server
• Sharing of multimedia files (audio, video and photos) through the home network to other computers (using Nero ShowTime) or UPnP media renderer devices
• Streaming of media files either using a HTTP 1.0 or HTTP 1.1 connection depending of the client for best compatibility.
• Automatically update shared folder hierarchy if user copies, moves or deletes files (for example using the Windows Explorer). Hugh folders will be added asynchronously into the folder hierarchy.
• Decide on a per-media-type (i.e. MP3, MPEG-2, MPEG-4) basis what should be shared over the network
• Parsing of media files for gathering metadata like the song's artist, album, title, duration, bit rate, colour depth, resolution etc.
• Nero MediaHome retrieved meta data from the following formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, AVI, ID3 Tags (v1.1/v2), MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Nero Digital (MPEG-4), OGG Vorbis, WAV, WMA, WMV, ASF.
• Direct incorporation of play lists as directories (both .PLS and .M3U play list files are supported)
• Intuitive categorization of user's media: first by type ("All Video", "All Audio" and "All Photos"), second by artist, album and genre. Additionally a folder "All Playlists" allow direct access to all playlists found all over the shared directory hierarchy.
• Caching of the metadata (like artist, title, etc.) on the hard disk for faster access.
• Support for handling multiple network interface cards at the same time
• Real-time status information about currently connected streaming clients, number of connection requests etc.
• Optional tray icon with fast-accessible popup-menu for controlling Nero MediaHome