MODE PLAGAL have managed, up to the highest point, to function and create as a group of autonomus musical nature. Blending jazz, funk, greek folk, byzantine, balcan, african rhythms and more, and balancing with mastery these elements, combing them with their spontaneity and humor - basic element in their work - they manage to show that tradition is alive and always developing and to create their distinct recognizable sound, a musical idiom of their own, fresh, well-crafted and finally downright radical.
Mode Plagal III
Unlike its predecessors, whose material was mostly instrumental, "Mode Plagal III" features a formidable cast of some of the country's finest female vocalists, Yiota Vei, Savina Yannatou, Eleni Tsaligopoulou and Theodosia Tsatsou.With the recording of their third album, Mode Plagal have completed 10 years of dealing, researching and experimenting on traditional greek music. In "Mode Plagal III",the group arranges traditional greek folk songs from Continental Greece, Epirus, Thrace, Macedonia and the Aegean island of Patmos.
01. A NIGHT IN KARPENISIA (Instrumental)
02. ONCE, THE BIRDS CONFESSED TO ME - Thodoris Rellos
03. DELI PAPAS (Papa-Yiorgis) - Yiota Vei
04. LERIKOS (Gaida - Bagpipe) - Cleon Antoniou
05. THRACIAN CHRISTMAS CAROLS - Savina Yannatou
06. PERISTEROUDA (Bossa 7/8) - Cleon Antoniou
07. ON MAVRIANOS' THRESHING YARD - Yiota Vei
08. LADS ACROSS YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD - Theodosia Tsatsou
09. TROIS ENFANTS DE VOLIOTIQUE (Instrumental)
10. BLACK SWALLOWS - Eleni Tsaligopoulou
11. LEMNOS (Instrumental)
12. LITTLE MOON - Thodoris Rellos, Cleon Antoniou
13. DEMETRO (Instrumental)