ACID Pro 6 software is a professional music workstation for composing,
recording, mixing, and arranging audio and MIDI tracks. Multitrack
recording. Comprehensive MIDI sequencing. Over 1,000 loops.
What's New in Version 6.0
* Multitrack audio and MIDI recording
* Input monitoring for audio recording
* Multiple media clips per track (including copy-and-paste of events
* Automatic crossfades between overlapping events
* MIDI editing on the timeline
* MIDI track envelopes and keyframes for continuous controller,
program change, and VSTi parameter automation
* Processing and filtering for MIDI events
* MIDI input filters for tracks
* Drum grid timeline editing mode with drum map editor
* Program map editor for external MIDI devices
* MIDI export
* Project sections for easy arranging
* Envelope automation recording
* Freehand envelope drawing on the timeline
* Enhanced paint tool for MIDI, one-shot, and Beatmapped clips
* Dynamic playback optimization maximizes audio performance
* Support for control surfaces including the Mackie Control Universal
and Frontier TranzPort
* Gracenote¢ç MusicID¢â technology for extracting audio from CDs (not
available in trial mode)
* Film-style panning mode for 5.1 surround projects
* Fixed a problem that could cause a hang when AAS¡¯s Lounge Lizard 3
is opened and an ACID project is autosaved.
* Default patch settings are not applied to VSTi soft synths when new
tracks are added to a project.
* Fixed a bug so MP3s with Unicode ID3 tag information no longer cause
problems with track names.
* A drawing issue has been resolved involving drum maps with note data
outside their drum map parameters.
* Fixed a problem that could cause a crash when deleting a bus from a
5.1 surround sound project.
* Fixed a variety of issues with the Piano Roll Editor caused by
dragging files from the Explorer to the ACID timeline.
* Fixed a bug so that MIDI notes selected using the in inline editing
mode will play as displayed while loops are being previewed.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when rendering to a new track
using M-Audio Ozone with a USB connection.
* In 5.1 surround mode, when a track is routed to a bus, the Surround
Master now receives the input monitoring signal.
* You can now pan tracks that are routed to a bus in stereo and 5.1
* Fixed a bug so bus levels are preserved after selecting Undo after a
bus has been deleted.
* Fixed a bug that grayed out VSTi sub-busses when the main bus was
* Fixed a bug that caused audio to stutter or drop out entirely during
playback after UAD-1 effects had been added to the project.
* Fixed a bug so that busses are renamed to their default names when a
new project with busses is opened using ACID¡¯s default settings.
* Various improvements have been made for using ACID as a ReWire
* Fixed various VSTi window sizing issues.
* Added program change maps for the Korg Karma, Korg Triton rack
(system version 1.52), and E-mu Planet Earth.
* Resolved an issue so audio and MIDI ports remain open when focus is
lost and the Preferences pane is open.
* You can now undo a key change to a MIDI clip.
* Fixed a bug that could cause ACID to hang when adding keyframes to
5.1 surround projects.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when you import MIDI files with
no note data into your project.
* Fixed a bug that prevented NI Akoustik Piano, E-mu Emulator X, and
Proteus X from loading properly.
* Resolved two issues regarding undoing MIDI program changes:
-Undoing a MIDI program change now updates MIDI drum maps with the
-Undoing a MIDI program change now updates MIDI devices or soft
synths with the proper settings.
* Fixed a bug that caused audio glitches at the start of playback in a
project with two MIDI tracks routed to a DLS soft synth.
* Fixed a problem with incorrect event clips caused by removing unused
clips and then selecting Undo.
* Resolved an issue so that you have the option of choosing any audio
editor that is configured and not just the first one listed under the
* Implemented key support for MIDI clips. You can set a MIDI clip's
key on the Clip Pool tab of the MIDI Track Properties window. A clip's
key affects playback and now notes are drawn in events.
-When you create a new MIDI clip, the key is set to None.
-When you open a MIDI file, ACID will set the clip's key based on
the MIDI file. If a clip contains key changes, only the first is used.
-When you open a MIDI file as a project, the ACID project key is
updated to match the MIDI file.
-When a clip's key is set, the project key and key change markers
are applied to MIDI clips. MIDI notes in events are drawn as WYSIWYH
(what you see is what you hear).
* Implemented various optimizations for memory usage and performance.
* Improved performance