CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.
Cleans the following:
• Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
• Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
• Recently opened URLs and files.
• Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
• Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
• Windows Startup tool.
Features of CCleaner 2.0:
• Complete rebuild in C++
With the requirements for a portable version, 64-bit compatibility and Windows Vista increasing against the limitations of the old architecture. We decided to rebuild the entire CCleaner application in highly optimized C++.
• Faster analyzing and cleaning
Each scanning process was rewritten from scratch and fully optimized. The result being a noticeable speed increase in all areas.
CCleaner can now run from a USB thumbdrive and be installed/run on a computer without a complicated setup process.
The rewrite removed all external file dependencies, so the main EXE is now half the size of the original program and support files.
• Redesigned User Interface
The original CCleaner user interface was looking a little dated, so the GUI was redesigned with a modern look, but without sacrificing speed or usability. New icons were created for the interface and the main program icon was updated with a more modern style.
It is now possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
• Loads of little tweaks
Too numerous to mention them all separately, we've tried to improve CCleaner in all areas.
What?s New in version 2.12.651:
* Added Google Chrome support.
* Improved cleaning security checks.
* Improved recursive cleaning functions.
* Fixed bug in INI FileKey evaluation routine.
* Updated INI file processing engine.
* Improved system info checks for modern CPUs.
* Various language and translation improvements.
* Minor GUI tweaks.