WinZip, the original and most popular compression utility for Windows, is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that quickly zips and unzips your files to conserve disk space and greatly reduce e-mail transmission time. WinZip 11.2 is available as Standard or Pro. WinZip 11.2 is an updated version of our most recent major release—WinZip 11.1—that supports Windows Vista™.
WinZip 11.2 offers a thumbnail image view and automatic compression selection, plus improved compression for audio files (WAV) and the ability to open .BZ2 and .RAR files. WinZip 11.2 Pro adds expanded data backup functionality and includes a new internal image viewer that allows you to browse through multiple images within the Zip file.
- Burn New and Existing Zip Files Directly to CD or DVD
- FTP Upload New and Existing Zip Files
- Email Zip File and Logs on WinZip Job Completion
- Run WinZip Jobs From a History List of Recent Jobs
- View Full-Size Compressed Images Directly From Your Zip File
- Predefined Data Backup Jobs
- Create Custom, Automated Zipping Tasks (WinZip Jobs)
- Scheduling Capabilities for Running Zip Jobs
- Command Line Support (Separate Download)
- Display Thumbnails in WinZip\'s Explorer Style View
- Best Compression Chooses Compression Method Based on File Type
- Improved Compression for Audio Files (WAV)
- Extract from .BZ2 and .RAR Files
- Attachment Management Support
- Quick File Selection
- Automatic Update Checking
- Flexible Interface; Wizard and Classic
- Tight Integration with Windows
- Large Zip File Support
- 128- and 256-Bit AES Encryption
- E-mail Support (including one click Zip & E-mail)
- Split Zip File Capability
- Create Self-Extracting Archives.
What is new in Winzip Pro 11.2?
• Unicode support to ensure international characters are displayed for filenames in a Zip file when the Zip file is shared between two computers having different code pages (the default set of text characters available for display) For Unicode support, the Zip file must be created and opened with a zip utility that supports the Unicode extensions to the Zip file format such as WinZip 11.2
• Integrated support for LHA to create, open and extract LHA archives (.LHA and .LZH). This eliminates the need for a third-party DOS program
• Removal of support for DOS-based, third-party programs such as ARJ and ARC
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements