Make the most of your photographic talent with Nikon’s next generation of high-quality image-editing and processing software. Utilizing Nikon’s exclusive U PointTM Technology, Nikon Capture NX2 includes a host of powerful tools and four fully-customizable workspaces that you can save and switch between to create a fast and efficient workflow. Straightforward and intuitive, Capture NX 2.1 frees you to concentrate on working with tone and color, allowing you to develop your images according to the classic principle of emphasizing and enhancing specific points of interest. Capture NX2 can be used with JPEG- and TIFF-format images from any source, and is the optimal software product for editing Nikon NEF files.
U PointTM Technology: the power behind Capture NX2 Control Points, U PointTM allows you to define specific areas of color and tone simply, quickly and intuitively.
Auto Retouch Brush: a smart and powerful tool that enables you to remove unwanted dust spots or details with a simple click.
Quick Fix: a combined palette of frequently-used tools that dramatically simplifies the process of editing large batches of images.
About this software
* U PointTM Technology provides invisible, intelligent assistance to power a comprehensive range of tools for image-enhancement. U-PointTM offers easy selection of points-of-interest in your image with intuitive, easy adjustment of contrast, brightness and saturation, effective correction of unwanted red-eye, and precise adjustment of color balance. Simply click on the area you want to edit and adjust the sliders to see the effect of your corrections, instantly.
*The Auto Retouch Brush allows accurate and convenient removal of unwanted detail. Simply select the area that needs enhancing and click on the dust spot or detail to be removed.
The Quick Fix palette combines frequently used tools in a single window to make it simple to quickly edit large batches of images. Tools include Level and Tone Curve, Exposure Compensation, Contrast, Highlight Protection, Shadow Protection and Saturation.
* Dual screen capability and fully customizable workspaces: Capture NX2’s dual screen capability allows you to extend your workspace, and four fully customizable workspaces – Browser, Metadata, Multi Purpose and Edit – allow you to personalize your selection of tools, create your own shortcuts and switch instantly between each workspace without loosing any data
* Selection Control Point makes it easy to increase the apparent sharpness of details (Unsharp mask) or blur selected aspects of the image (Gaussian Blur), and can be used with virtually any image enhancement tool, including D-Lighting, Brightness, Color, Focus, Correction and Noise Reduction. Enhancements can be applied to the entire image or specific areas with a simple click of the mouse, without the need for precision selection or masks.
* Extensive Photo Management: a variety of ratings and labels that use XMP and IPTC standards make it easy to tag and sort images, and provide a seamless transition with , Windows Vista or Adobe Bridge.
Modifications enabled with ver. 2.1.0:
* Support for RAW images captured with the D90 has been added.
* An Extra High item has been added to the Active D-Lighting pulldown menu under Camera Settings in the Develop section of the Edit List. This option is only available for RAW images captured with any setting other than Off selected for Active D- Lighting in the camera's Shooting Menu.
* Image Dust Off reference photos acquired with cameras such as the D3 and D300 are applied more effectively.
* An issue theat caused Picture Control settings to be improperly applied with the following operation has been resolved:
* The D2XMODE1 Picture Control is applied to an image from the Picture Control options under Camera Settings in the Develop section of the Edit List, and a settings file is saved from the image. (optional Landscape/Portrait Controls not yet installed).
* The optional Landscape and/or Portrait Picture Control(s) is installed.
* The settings file saved in step 1 is used for batch processing.
* Picture Control settings for processed images are D2XMODE2 or D2XMODE3.
* An issue that prevented Capture NX 2 from starting when the "My Pictures" folder was moved from its default location inside My Documents, or was deleted, has been resolved.
* When the Browser's scrollbar was moved, an image selected and opened in the image window, and the image then edited and saved, the Browser's scrollbar returned to the top of the Browser window the next time the Browser was opened. This issue has been resolved.
* When the Page Setup dialog was opened using either of the follwoing operations, the Printer... button was grayed out and could not be used. This issue has been resolved.
* The print button in the activity toolbar is clicked and the Page Setup.. button in the Print layout dialog is clicked
Print... is selected from the File menu and the Page Setup... button in the Print layout dialog is clicked.