Ashampoo AntiSpyWare protects you comprehensively against the full spectrum of new malware (malicious software) threats that you are exposed to on the Internet. Ashampoo AntiSpyWare can monitor and protect your computer continuously. A little background program checks every suspicious file for potential hazards before it is opened, making it impossible for Trojans to install themselves on your computer. Ashampoo AntiSpyWare is a brand-new tool. Building on existing solutions combined with intelligent new strategies and algorithms it provides exceptional protection against spyware and other malware. Its advanced heuristic search and analysis system can actually identify and block new and unknown threats before they can do any damage.
Ashampoo AntiSpyWare combats all these new threats for you, including hijackers, dialers, spyware, worms, adware, Trojans, keyloggers and even highly-dangerous "rootkits". For maximum protection Ashampoo AntiSpyware can update the spyware “signatures” it uses to identify known threats every day. You can set this to be done automatically and the program comes with a full year of free daily updates. In addition to known threats the program’s advanced heuristic analysis can also identify unknown malware by its behavior and block it before it does any damage. That’s what we mean when we say complete protection.
New features in Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2
* Protection against more than 1,270,000 threats from the internet.
* Full compatibility with Windows Vista™ (32 Bit) from now on.
* Windows Vista™ Gadget (Vista 32-Bit) works as information and control operation centre Users can store their personal settings into the respective folders thanks to the new multiple user support. Administrator rights are not required.
* Enhanced Realtime Monitor also takes care of new Windows areas (BHO, Winsock LSPs, Windows Hosts file, Autostart entries etc.).
* Newly developed as well as completely revised Vista compatible tools are now available basing on Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4, the awarded winner by the German computer magazine ComputerBILD.
* Hostsfile Checker reports suspicious entries in Hosts file and allows for cleaning up.
* LSP-Viewer gives support to the user to identify installed winsock attributes, by which means parasite programs can be smuggled into.
* Folders, files or even „infections“ can be excluded from the search to prevent false alarms thanks to the whitelist definitions.
* Due to internal encryption algorithms possible malicious threats are prevented from secretly adding themselves to the whitelist.
* There is a direct online connection to a malware database which gives information on detected infections.
* The integrated task scheduler has been fully integrated by now and it is possible to create, manage and perform automatically individual scanning tasks.
* Users with a licence on the first version of Ashampoo AntiSpyWare which is still in force can transfer heir remaining time for signature update licence to the second version.
* Three integrated skins adapt to personal customization of the program.