CapturePRO interfaces with any Video For Windows or DirectShow/WDM video capture device, including USB and FireWire devices. CapturePRO includes managed VCL, COM and .NET components that perform video and image acquisition from video capture devices.
CapturePRO is designed to connect to any video capture device that supplies a DirectShow (WDM) device driver. Most capture devices currently on the market (video capture cards, PC cameras, etc.) supply this type of driver. In addition, legacy Video for Windows devices are typically available via a DirectShow WDM / VfW translation driver.
- Programming environments: Win32 visual development environments (excluding Windows 95 and NT version 4.0). Also requires DirectX 8.0 or greater.
- Sample code is included for: VB.NET, C#, VB, Delphi, VC++
- Deploys within .NET as a managed control (see "Building Robust Imaging Components for the Microsoft .NET Platform" white paper)
- Can be used in any development environment that hosts ActiveX/COM controls
- Interfaces with any Video For Windows or DirectShow/WDM video capture device, including USB and FireWire devices
- Capture images directly into an application instead of resorting to third-party applications and loading files from disk
- Complete control over image capture, compress and save options
- Acquire both still images and video streams under program control
- Capture and compress video with or without audio
- Output compressed or uncompressed AVI, depending on video codecs the user has installed
- Save images to BMP and JPG for high-quality output images
- Password protect images using PIC, a Pegasus Imaging Corporation format that allows greater compression and password capability. These files require Pegasus Imaging products to view and manipulate them.
- Capture to a video file or to programmatically named still images
- Programmatically select the capture devices to use
- Programmatically select flicker-free video, capture preview, and audio preview
- Save and retrieve current settings with a single call
- Dialogs make available all modes and capabilities for a particular device, including screen preview of live video
- Direct access to filtergraph for advanced applications
- Track video statistics such as number of frames captured and duration of a clip
- AutoSave can be set via an interval timer
- Video and audio source selection
- Text captioning for streams, including Unicode support and time/date macros
- Watermark images with text
- Auto-increment file naming of videos
- TV tuner support
- CapturePRO also includes the powerful TwainPRO component to interface with TWAIN devices
- Acquire images from TWAIN scanners and digital cameras
- Data source enumeration and selection
- Enable/disable data source user interface
- Multiple image acquisition
- Read and Write basic G3/G4 TIFF, JPEG, BMP and PackBits
- FTP upload capability
- Specify image resolution, image scaling, units, and color depth
- Negotiate for all standard device features such as image dimensions, location and resolution
- Negotiate for optional device features such as: autofeeder enabling, brightness, contrast, image layout/frame, maximum image transfers, progress indicators, resolution, scaling, and units
- Scan images faster and use less memory by transferring images from the data source in either Native or Buffered Memory transfer mode
- Provides support for advanced TWAIN capabilities like barcode or patchcode detection and compressed data transfer directly from the scanner
- Reduce data transferred between the scanner and the PC by transferring images from high-end scanners using the scanner's built-in compression
- Catch illegal operations from errant TWAIN Data Sources before they crash the application. TwainPRO will return an error back to the application letting the application safely exit or continue.