Take Control of Virtual Desktops across the Enterprise
Deploy and manage secure, portable client PC environments across the enterprise and beyond using VMware ACE 2. With ACE, your organization can combine the power and versatility of virtual machines with the security and control of centrally managed PCs, making it easier to:
* Manage virtual desktops from a single point of control
* Increase security and flexibility for mobile and remote workers
* Safely extend corporate resources to 3rd party unmanaged PCs
* Deliver fully configured virtual desktops for demos and training
* Integration with VMware Workstation 6: VMware ACE 2 offers seamless integration with VMware Workstation 6, giving customers access to both products through a single user interface. As a result, administrators can now use Workstation 6 to configure and deploy ACE packages across the extended enterprise.
* ACE 2 Management Server: Use the new ACE 2 Management Server to manage and control ACE clients from a central location. The ACE 2 Management Server has the ability to dynamically update control and security policies, including the ability to activate / deactivate ACE clients.
* Pocket ACE: Administrators can now bundle and deploy ACE packages directly on a portable USB media device such as a flash memory stick, portable hard drive or even an Apple iPod. End users can operate their ACE client machines directly from the USB device for unparalleled mobility and flexibility.
* Enhanced security capabilities: ACE 2 offers enhancements to policy and package settings that make it easier to secure and manage ACE clients. Flexible, granular controls for device and network access enable administrators to specify exactly which machines or subnets an ACE client may access. What’s more, ACE 2 uses a FIPS-validated 128-bit AES algorithm to prevent unauthorized access to data stored on ACE clients.
No pop-ups (Tips, EULA, VMTools or Warnings)
Removed lots of files, including Japanese stuff