Create and manage a library of commonly used configurations and dynamically provision them in seconds with a simple mouse click.
VMware Lab Manager gives users on-demand access to system configurations they need – while leaving IT in administrative control - all while achieving significant savings through reduced server, storage, and provisioning costs. Take your lab infrastructure to the next level with the new VMware Lab Manager 3.0 – For increased scalability, simplified administration and high availability in your lab. Download the data sheet for more information or get an evaluation copy of VMware Lab Manager and try it for yourself.
Automate the setup, capture, storage and sharing of multi-machine system configurations with VMware Lab Manager. With its shared image library and shared pool of virtualized servers, VMware Lab Manager lets you efficiently store and share multi-machine configurations across teams and geographies. VMware Lab Manager simplifies lab administration in a multi-user environment with customizable roles, access rights and dedicated or shared resource pools.
Eliminate the painstaking hours-long process of gathering machines, installing operating systems, installing and configuring applications and establishing inter-machine connections. With a single click, you can provision even the most complex multi-tier system and network configurations nearly instantly with VMware Lab Manager. You can also give users self-service access to the image library, allowing them to fulfill their own provisioning needs while leaving IT in control of user management, storage quotas and server deployment policies—achieving the best of both worlds.
Protect your lab infrastructure from hardware failures and increase quality of service for lab users by taking full advantage of high availability and distributed resource scheduling capabilities only available with VMware Lab Manager. Consume resources as they are needed instead of maintaining multiple systems that are only used sporadically. VMware Lab Manager lets you pool and share resources to meet the needs of users resulting in maximum utilization—and increased cost savings.
- Unlock the power of VMware Infrastructure and VMware VirtualCenter in your lab with seamless support for flexible resource pools, high availability and resource scheduling.
- Provide dedicated or shared lab infrastructure to your entire organization with customized user roles and access rights from a central location
- Let users create, deploy and share complex system configurations with multiple physical and virtual network connections from a self-service portal controlled by IT
- Maintain a complete library of commonly used system environments for on-demand use
- Pool and share server, networking, storage and other resources among users (teams and individuals)
- Suspend and capture system configurations ”in state”, or reset them to a previous ”clean” state.
- Deploy multiple instances of the same configuration simultaneously for ultimate flexibility without causing any network conflict
- Efficiently move and share multi-machine configurations among users in local and remote locations