Stay protected from the latest online threats. Norton Internet Security 2008 runs quietly in the background to detect and block today's complex threats and to protect your identity when you buy, bank, or browse online. The friendly and efficient product design helps minimize confusing security alerts and system slowdowns that can get in the way of your online experience.
Norton Internet Security? 2008 provides essential protection from viruses, hackers, spyware, spam and other privacy threats. A comprehensive set of security tools, Norton Internet Security helps keep you safe online as you surf and email, swap files, download programs, and chat. In addition to protecting against viruses and unwelcome intrusions from the Internet, NIS also allows you to automatically block annoying banner ads and pop-up windows, set up parental site blocking options for restricting access to specific Web sites, and selectively determine which, if any, Java applets and ActiveX controls should be allowed to download and execute on your computer. Enjoy the Internet with award-winning protection!
Symantec launched Norton Internet Security 2008 and Norton AntiVirus 2008, industry leading security solutions that have been enhanced to provide computer users with comprehensive protection against new and emerging online threats, including disguised attacks used by drive-by downloads. In addition, Norton Internet Security 2008 will also feature Norton Identity Safe to protect users’ identities when they buy, bank or browse online.
The company has also optimized each product for greater performance, improved technical support and reduced user interruption. With Norton 2008 products, users have powerful solutions that effectively guard against new threats and extend protection beyond the PC to wireless home networks and online identities.
Both products include the powerful SONAR behavioral detection technology that protects against malicious code before standard virus and spyware detection definitions have been created. In Norton Internet Security 2008, SONAR will run a full scan every time an application attempts outbound communication, further protecting identity information by improving the firewall's effectiveness against unknown threats. This breadth of new functionality complements the rich existing security protection of Norton Internet Security, which includes class leading rootkit protection capabilities as well as new Threat Interceptor vulnerability protection technologies. Threat Interceptor technologies include: Threat Interceptor – Browser Defender; Threat Interceptor – Intrusion Prevention; and Threat Interceptor – Generic Exploit Blocking. Norton Internet Security also includes all of the features and functionality of Norton AntiVirus which continues to be the gold standard in virus detection garnering 33 consecutive Virus Bulletin 100 awards, an unmatched standard of reliability in the industry.
* Improved performance delivers faster starts and scans. NEW
* One click access to expert support. NEW
* Network security monitoring helps protect your wireless network. NEW
* Norton Identity Safe delivers enhanced i dentity theft protection. NEW
* Works quietly in the background. NEW
* Protection for up to 3 PCs per household
* Blocks identity theft by phishing Web sites
* Protects against hackers
* Detects and eliminates spyware
* Removes viruses and Internet worms automatically
* Protects email and instant messaging from viruses
* Prevents virus-infected emails from spreading
* Rootkit detection searches underneath the operating system using patented technology
* Includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the renewable service period *
* On-going Protection option automatically renews your subscription **
* Need antispam or parental controls? Norton Add-on Pack.
Norton AntiVirus: Antivirus and antispyware protection, rootkit detection and intrusion protection
* Protects your computer by automatically detecting and removing spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, and Internet worms.
* Exchange files via email and instant messaging without worrying about receiving threats on your computer or spreading them to others.
* Stays out of your way. Runs quietly in the background without requiring you to respond to confusing security alerts.
* Threat blocking technology quietly monitors system activities to stop most spyware, viruses, and worms before they can install and cause damage on your system.
* Email and instant message scanning detects and removes infected attachments even if they're hidden in archives.
* Rootkit detection finds and removes threats that are hidden deeply in the operating system.
* Internet worm protection blocks an entire class of viruses, spyware, and worms with a single threat signature.
* Thorough pre-installation scan cleans out spyware and virus infections that can obstruct ordinary protection.
* Quick Scan automatically runs on receipt of new definitions to help ensure protection against the latest threats.
* Full System Scan performs a deep scan of the system and hard drive to remove existing spyware, viruses, and other threats.
Norton Identity Safe: Antiphishing, Web site authentication, eavesdropping protection and confidential information management
* Advanced phishing protection identifies and blocks fraudulent Web sites designed to steal personal information.
* Adds a layer of targeted, real-time identity theft protection to prevent identity thieves from eavesdropping on your online shopping transactions and banking and brokerage sessions from login to logout.
* Blocks hard-to-detect phishing sites by deeply analyzing Web page elements for evidence of criminal activity.
* Authenticates the Web location and credentials of the most popular banking and shopping sites, so you know you're dealing with the true site and not a fake.
Norton Personal Firewall: Two-way firewall
* Stay hidden when connected with a smart firewall that automatically configures protection settings.
* Log on at home, at a cafe, or on the road, and Norton Internet Security automatically optimizes your security settings.
* Two-way firewall blocks hackers from breaking into your computer and stops spyware from transmitting information.
* Trust Control automatically optimizes your protection settings based on the network--wired or wireless, public or private--to which you're connected.
Norton Internet Security 2008 is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows VistaR Home Basic/ Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
- WindowsR XP with Service Pack 2 Home/XP Pro/XP Media Center Edition
What's New in Norton Internet Security 2008:
* Norton Identity Safe keeps your personal information and your identity safe when you buy, bank and browse online.
* Enhanced performance lets you start, scan, and run faster, so you can enjoy your online experience.
* Get help fast with free online technical support via live chat and email all from within the product.
* Optimized product design improves scan times and decreases impact on system startup and resource usage.
* SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) technology delivers behavior-based protection that can detect emerging spyware and viruses even before traditional signature-based definitions are available.
* Stores and encrypts your passwords and other confidential data, automatically filling it at your request to save time and protect it from being stolen by eavesdropping keystroke loggers.
* Network security monitoring checks the status of your wireless network security, maps connected devices, and provides expert advice on managing your network security settings.