Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 is a new generation product for protection of home users against all types of data-related threats.
Functions performed by Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
· Blocking of all known malware types. Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 uses databases of malware signatures updated every hour for efficient protection of its users against all currently known malicious programs.
· Proactive Defense against new threats of any type. Behavior emulation in isolated virtual environment for unknown applications, restriction of their access to system resources and constant monitoring of their activity are employed to protect users against new malicious program that the anti-virus laboratory has not inspected yet.
· Prevention of potential threats. Kaspersky Internet Security includes an entirely new component for filtration of application activity based on an internal innovational HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) class system that allows control over the functioning of any application on user computer through restriction of their access to system resources (files, registry, peripheral devices, networks). Search and analysis of vulnerabilities in the software installed on host computer (including Microsoft Internet Explorer) allows Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 to maintain system security on an adequate level preventing exploits of potential threats. Search and analysis of vulnerabilities in the software installed on host computer (including Microsoft Internet Explorer) allow Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 to maintain system security on an adequate level preventing exploits of potential threats.
· New wizards and special task monitors have been added for simpler and more convenient user interaction with the application. Their performance in step-by-step mode makes user work much easier.
MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
To ensure normal functioning of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 the computer must conform to the following minimum requirements:
1. General requirements
- 75 MB of available hard drive space
- CD-ROM (for installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 from the distribution CD)
- Input device, mouse
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for updating application's databases and program modules via Internet)
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
2. Operating systems
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or higher)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or higher)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Intel Pentium 300 MHz processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent)
- 256 MB free RAM
Microsoft Windows Vista Starter 32-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32/64 bit)
- Intel Pentium 800 MHz 32-bit(x86)/64-bit(x64) processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent)