Spyware Doctor™ provides three-way spyware protection for your PC through real-time threat blocking, advanced system scanning and immunization against known browser infections. Spyware Doctor is a multi-award winning spyware removal utility that detects, removes and protects your PC from thousands of potential spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, spybots and tracking threats. Protect your privacy and computing habits from prying eyes and virtual trespassers with the help of Spyware Doctor.
Anti-virus software and firewalls do not fully protect your system against the majority of spyware and privacy threats. Because spyware is commonly bundled with software downloads, attached to e-mails, or transmitted through networks it can appear to be legitimate software, but once installed it can be nearly impossible to detect and remove without the help of a dedicated spyware removal tool like Spyware Doctor.
Spyware Doctor is advanced technology designed especially for people, not just experts. That is one reason why it won the People's Choice Award in 2005, 2006 and 2007. It is automatically configured out of the box to give you optimal protection with limited interaction so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
Spyware Doctor's advanced OnGuard technology only alerts users on a true Spyware detection. This is significant because you should not be interrupted by cryptic questions every time you install software, add a site to your favorites or change your PC settings. Such messages can be confusing and lead to undesirable outcomes such as inoperable programs, lost favorites or even Spyware being allowed to install on the system. We've done the research so you don't have to.
• Comprehensive Malware Protection
Spyware Doctor provides protection against identity theft, stealthy spyware, aggressive adware, browser hijackers, malicious ActiveX objects, malware Trojans, tracking cookies, keyloggers, dialers, and other malware. The optional anti-virus module also protects your computer from viruses, worms, Trojan horse threats, and other malicious infections.
• Constant Real-time Protection
Through its unique OnGuard feature Spyware Doctor provides constant protection against malware. OnGuard works by blocking both known and unknown malware threats before they can install and cause any harm to a computer. OnGuard constantly monitors for malicious behavior involving spyware processes, tracking cookies, malicious ActiveX objects, browser hijackers, keyloggers, Trojans and more.
• Advanced Detection and Removal Technology
- By running an Intelli-Scan™, Full Scan or Custom Scan, Spyware Doctor will inspect the computer for all types of spyware and virus1 infections. Spyware Doctor is top rated by industry experts as being extremely effective in removing particularly nefarious threats such as rootkits and keyloggers2.
- The unique Intelli-Scan™ feature is specifically designed to hunt swiftly and kill active running spyware threats in as little as 3 minutes3, attributed to the intuitive and patent-pending spider scanning technology. This new technology works intelligently by using a combination of signature and behavioral scanning techniques to quickly and effectively identify internet threats.
• Protection against zero-day threats - Behavioral Heuristic Detection
Spyware Doctor delivers effective zero day protection against rootkits and keyloggers (in both scanning and OnGuard real-time areas) by monitoring for suspicious behavior and blocking applications that exhibit signs of malicious activity.
• Advanced Rootkit Detection
Spyware Doctor is capable of detecting and removing hidden processes and files associated with complex threats and rootkits. Using behavioral techniques, rootkits and other items that attempt to hide themselves deep in the computer operating system are effectively detected and removed.
• Works silently in the background with low CPU usage
When in monitoring mode Spyware Doctor has been designed to work silently in the background, with little impact to the end user, threats are blocked and removed without any system impact, while only a small alert window is displayed to advise the user it has been protected against an attack. When running a scan, the CPU Priority settings allow users to lower the priority of the scanning in order to reduce CPU usage and impact to the computer while in use. Selecting this option may increase scan time but will ease CPU usage when other applications are running at the same time.
• Automatic and silent Smart Updates
Frequent updates to detect and guard computers against new threats and viruses as well as provide enhancements to Spyware Doctor are automatically installed and downloaded through the Smart Update function. Threat signatures are updated every business day or within hours of a high risk malware outbreak to protect you from the latest online threats.
• Most internationally awarded anti-spyware product
Spyware Doctor is consistently awarded editors choice and top rating by numerous internationally recognized and respected industry publications, making Spyware Doctor the most internationally awarded anti-spyware product. For a full listing of all our awards visit: www.pctools.com/company/awards/
• Virus Protection
Available as an optional add-on to Spyware Doctor, the anti-virus component provides protection against all kinds of viruses, worms, Trojan horse threats, and other malicious infections to ensure complete protection against internet threats. It is recommended to install the anti-virus add-on if there is no other virus protection on the computer.
• Email Protection
Email Guard provides protection against, and instantly removes, spyware and viruses being sent or received via e-mails. All popular e-mail applications (such as Outlook Express™ & Netscape® Mail and Thunderbird) that use POP, IMAP or SMTP are supported by Email Guard.
• Internet Browsing Protection
Site Guard provides advanced protection against potential malicious websites and phishing attacks where dangerous site are masquerading as legitimate e-Commerce sites. Site Guard will detect malicious websites and block access to them, ensuring the computer cannot be infected.
Designed for Windows® Vista™ 32-bit, XP and 2000.
What's New in Spyware Doctor 6.0 :
• Latest protection from unknown threats
- Spyware Doctor now has Behavior Guard, providing you with the latest pro-active behavioral-based technology against zero-day (never seen before) threats. Built on the award-winning ThreatFire technology, Behavior Guard has been seamlessly incorporated into Spyware Doctor to offer you leading protection. This new technology protects you when some anti-virus products give up! Read more about behavior-based protection.
• Improved detection capabilities:
- Spyware Doctor has been enhanced to improve detection effectiveness. In particular, each individual signature created in the threat database is optimized so that it is capable of detecting multiple variations of malware threats (threat variants) while maintaining minimal system resource usage (memory footprint).
• Swift clean-up for heavily infected computers:
- Spyware Doctor is able to detect and remove threats on heavily infected computers faster and easier than ever before. Sometimes your computer is so highly infected that you may find yourself unable to install or run security software except when in the ‘safe mode’ of Windows.
- In these cases, malware consumes computer resources so resulting in lengthy scanning and removal times. is now armed with the technology to scan in safe mode faster and more effectively by forcing your computer to take a higher priority over the scan than the malware and other software attempting to run on your system.
• Improved Hacker Defense :
- Further improvements have been included to enhance our own defense against malware threats attempting to interfere with the effectiveness of Spyware Doctor . Our hacker defense system means you can rest assured that your computer system has the most comprehensive protection while ensuring that malware threats don’t impede on the functionality or effectiveness of Spyware Doctor.
- The new hacker defense utilizes a particular feature available in Windows Vista (known as ASLR) to make it difficult for hackers to exploit or gain control over Spyware Doctor .
• Other enhancements:
o Support for Windows Security Centre in Windows Vista Service Pack 1
o The real-time protection module is now referred to as Intelli Guard®
o Enhanced error reporting to assist with diagnosis of program crashes (hackers!).