· Interactive form
This new feature enables you to interactively fill out a PDF form, export it as a FDF file, e-mail it and save it together with PDF document.
· On-demand download of add-ons
Foxit Reader enables you to download add-ons at your needs and when necessary.
Different from other PDF Reader that always silently checks for updates over internet , Foxit Reader 2.0 wont automatically visit website without your permission. It starts to update merely when the time you open a specific document which cannot be properly displayed for missing modules support, for example CJK support, and JBIG2/JPEG2000 decoder etc.
· Multi-language UI support
Foxit Reader 2.0 supports dynamical UI language switch. English is the default UI language, but you can select a localized language from the Language menu.
This powerful new feature allows advanced users to create complex logic for PDF forms, to validate user input and process data.
· Self upgrade
With this new feature, Foxit Reader self-upgrade, you don't have to manually download a new version from website, only need to click on "checking for updates now" from the Help menu. Update manager will search for a latest version available on Foxit server, download and re-install it.
· Improved printing speed
Foxit Reader 2.0 has improved printing speed for PS (Postscript) printer.
· Streamlined UI
Foxit Reader 2.0 consolidated toolbar for a streamlined UI, creating a neat and better look and feel.
What's New in This Release:
· Capture words via mouse: If you are using a dictionary software, you may want to use your mouse to capture words inside a PDF file and has it translated. You can turn on this feature by checking "Screen word-capturing" option under "Edit">"Preference">"General".
· Search PDF in another way: Now you can search a string either in a single PDF file or in multiple PDF files under a specified folder. When the search finishes, all occurrences will be listed in a tree view, allowing you to quickly preview the contexts and jump to specific locations.
· Minimize Foxit Reader to the system tray: You now can save space on your task bar by minimizing the Foxit Reader to system tray. This feature can be turned on by checking "Minimize to system tray" option under "Edit">"Preference">"General".
· Work with friendly bookmarks: Now when you navigate through the PDF document, the highlighted bookmark item will automatically be kept in sync with the current page being displayed. And you can click on a handle to hide or show the bookmark panel.
· Remove all evaluation marks at once: For trial users, Foxit Reader will stamp evaluation marks on edited pages. After they purchase and install licenses, they can choose "Help">"Remove Evaluation Marks" to remove all the evaluation marks on this file at once.
· View PDF page size: Now the actual size of each PDF page is displayed on the status bar.
· Select text easily: Now, when you click and drag your mouse to select some text, you can keep moving your mouse and Foxit Reader will scroll automatically. This will allow you to select text out of current view. Version 2.2 also fixes some bugs of the text selection tool in the previous version.
· Enjoy other improved features: You will enjoy many other improved features, including: Well-organized toolbars / Better command line support / Enhanced support for eastern Asian languages
· Many bug fixes