** Barcode Maker v5.50 **
** Release September 9th, 2008 **
** (c)2008 Copyright by Lars Sams **
-- Barcode Maker is 100% Sunrise 2005 compatible --
-- Barcode Maker fully supports the new 2007 ISBN standard e.g 978-, 979- and 13 digits --
-- Runs on Windows Vista --
Barcode Maker v5.50
Make EAN 13, EAN 8, UPC A, UPC E, UCC 8, UCC 12, UCC 13, ISBN barcodes and they all support No, 2, 5 Digit supplements, Code 39, Codabar, Code 2 of 5 Interleaved. Barcodes can be saved as a high resolution TIFF file up to 4800 dpi (if unregistered it a Max. of 1200 dpi. Barcodes can by copied and pasted in to a document. You can now make a BK2 file in Excel and save it as a TAB delimited text file. Barcode Maker is Shareware and will run for 30 days. If you need to print barcodes on labels, please download Batch Barcode Maker here http://hem.passagen.se/sams/barcodeb.htm . If you have any questions please e-mail [email protected]
There have never been a Barcode Maker version 4.
- Add a default path, placed under the File menu.
- Saves the high resolution TIF barcode images without going to 256 color mode !!.
- Supports 10 and 13 digits ISBN e.g. the old ISBN and also the ISBN 978- and 979- taking effect January 1st, 2007
- Put both the ISBN 10 and 13 digit ISBN information above the ISBN saved as a high resolution TIF file
- Converts the *.BK2 file from the old ISBN 10 digits to the New ISBN 13 digits when opend, the *.txt file can also be converted. More information in the Help file.
- Put the Product or Free Text above the barcode when saved as a High resolution TIF file. More information in the help file. Only EAN and UPC barcodes support this function.
- Save barcode in the Metafile format *.WMF, MultiSave supported in the registered version. In the unregistered version the barcode is saved with red bars. Only the barcode is saved NOT any additional text.
- Copy a MetaFile (WMF) and paste it into any software supporting the *.WMF e.g. Adobe Illustrator.
- How to.... *.PDF files included. (Needs Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or better http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)
- Icons been updated to support Windows Vista
- WinHelp have been converted to the CHM file format. To support Windows Vista.
- Open would not start in the My Documents folder (fixed)
- Minor issues with WMF (Fixed)
- Saving many TIF barcodes in one go (more than 9100 TIIF barcodes) would show a Error 53 (File not found) (Fixed). In some rare cases it may have shown when only saving one TIF image.
- Problems saving a TIF file in 256 colors mode (Fixed March 24th, 2007)
- TIF image file failed to save when a dot/period was used in the folders name (Fixed)
ISBN 10 to ISBN 13 digit Convert of the *.bk2 file
Please note that only the 10 digit ISBN will have the ISBN 10 and ISBN 13 above the barcode. If you convert to the upcoming 13 digits ISBN only the 13 digits ISBN will show above the barcode.
This option is for the TIF file only.
Known Windows issues.
If you are using HP LaserJet 5/6 or any HP printer and default Windows printer drivers and haveing a printing problem then please download the newest drivers from HP, http://www.hp.com.
If the last digits in the barcode doesn't show up in the TIF barcode Image and you have a nvidia graphics card then please upgrade the drivers to the latest version, http://www.nvidia.com
If you are using a monitor/display setting, monitor/display update frequence Hz, not recommended by Microsoft Windows XP, Barcode Maker will not be able to change the resolution to 256 colors to make a high resolution TIF barcode image. Please only use recommended monitor/display udate frequence Hz. Please read the Help File for more information.
Pentium 233 Mhz or Better
64 Mb RAM
Microsoft Windows 95 / Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP6 or better (Pentium MMX 200 Mhz or better, 64Mb RAM or more)
Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro. (Pentium MMX 200 Mhz or better, 64 Mb RAM or more)
Microsoft XP (Pentium II 300 Mhz or better, 128 MB RAM or more)
Install Barcode Maker 5 by double clicking on the "Setup Barcode Maker 5_50.exe" and follow the instructions. You must have a printer installed in windows or Barcode Maker will not run. If you need to print barcodes on labels, please download Batch Barcode Maker here http://hem.passagen.se/sams/barcodeb.htm . If you have any questions please e-mail [email protected], if you have an older version installed please uninstall it before installing the new version.
The Registerd version doesn't have the "Made By Barcode Maker" banner across the TIFF barcode and the Metafile WMF is saved with Black bars instead of Red bars.
If you get a request to download Windows Installer for Windows 2000 or Windows XP then it can be downloaded here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en
If you get a request to download Windows Installer for Windows 95, 98, and Me then it can be downloaded here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cebbacd8-c094-4255-b702-de3bb768148f&displaylang=en
MultiSelect and MultiSave
When you chose more than one Product in the Barcode List and want to save it as a TIF or a BMP or a WMF file then it's saved as Product_Barcode_Copies.tif or Product_Barcode_Copies.bmp e.g. My Product_123456789012_001.tif or My Product_123456789012_01.bmp.
Saving one TIF file
If you only select one product from the barcode list and save it as a TIF then it will be saved as Product_Barcode_Copies.tif, but for the BMP and WMF will not, you must name the BMP file if you only save one product and one copy.
Updates for Barcode Maker 5.0
All updates are free for registered users with in the same major version e.g. 5.xx
Put it on a Computer Magazine or Home Page
If you are a Computer Magazine publisher you may put the Unregistered version of Barcode Maker on your cover CD-ROM / DVD. You may also put Barcode Maker on your Home page as long as it's the Unregistered version. If you need more information, please e-mail me at [email protected]
Upgrade to Barcode Maker v5.0
To all registered users of Barcode Maker, without your support it would not be possible, Thank you. For a special Upgrade offer for registered Barcode Maker 3.xx users to Barcode Maker 5, please e-mail for more information, [email protected]
Contact the author if you have any questions.
[email protected] home page http://hem.passagen.se/sams/barcode.htm