PlexTools Professional has many excellent features, like hardware
tree and direct feedback to our support team as well as more
hidden advantages like Direct OverWrite of CD-RW discs and
accurate logging of all writing functions.
Features of PlexTools Professional:
· 'General Information' lists the drive's hardware, including
· 'Drive Settings' controls the drive's adjustable settings,
like: read speed, spindle motor spin-down time, etc.
· 'Drive Information' shows the capabilities of the drive.
· 'CD/DVD Info' reveals extensive information about the inserted
disc, like: format, sessions and tracks, manufacturer,
CD TEXT, etc.
· 'Multimedia Player' uses the installed MCI devices for playback
of MIDI, Audio and Video files.
· 'AudioCD Player' uses the installed MCI devices for playback of
· 'Digital Audio Extraction' delivers high-precision WAV, MP3,
OGG and APE files from audio tracks, with extra features like a
choice of Smart Advanced DAE Error Recovery Strategies, freedb
support, and CD TEXT editing as well as ID3-tag editing when
· 'AudioCD Maker' creates personalised Audio CD's from WAV, MP3,
OGG and APE files, with editable CD TEXT or ID3-tag and freedb
· 'CD/DVD-ROM Maker' gives the opportunity to create standard
CD-ROM's and DVD-ROM's by a simple Drag&Drop&Burn action. This
handy function can be used for storage or backup of files and
folders, as well as an easy way to transport data between
· 'CD/DVD Copy' for accurate CD and DVD duplicating with the
capability to add CD TEXT or freedb information and even create
or burn ISO images. (Note: only discs without copy-protection
can be copied.)
· 'CD/DVD RW Functions' erases CD-RW and DVD RW discs so data can
again be written to them.
· 'CD/DVD Test' scans your disc for uncorrectable errors and
identifies potential read errors.
· 'Read Transfer Rate Test' performs a sequential reading of all
sectors on the disc while calculating the transfer rate at the
· 'Write Transfer Rate Test' performs a sequential write test
while calculating the transfer rate at the same time.
The following additional functions and features are currently
only available for a small selection of Top-Class drives such as
the PlexWriter Premium, aswell as the PX-712 and PX-716 series:
· 'Drive Settings' page with GigaRec, SecuRec and Silent Mode.
· 'Q-Check C1/C2 Test' measures the quality of a written or
pressed disc by counting the number of low level errors.
· 'Q-Check FE/TE Test' measures the mechanical characteristics of
· 'Q-Check Beta/Jitter Test' shows the write quality by checking
the jitter rate and the beta value of written media.
· 'Q-Check PI/PO Test' measures the quality of a written or
pressed disc by counting the number of raw data errors.
· 'Q-Check TA Test' measures the quality of the written DVD media
by checking the pits and lands for compliance with the DVD
Overview of the additional functions of PlexTools Professional
PlexTools Professional XL is tuned towards the demanding user,
who wants more than just the basic functions.
· The GUI of PlexTools Professional XL consists out of 3
The device window contains the hardware device tree of the PC.
The functions window shows all available functions for
information of the drive or disc, the players and recording
modules and the test functions. Both windows can be closed,
leaving only the main window available. This window, where all
devices and functions can be selected, will show the information
and test results. All 3 windows can be repositioned and resized
· The test functions have been updated with new, stylish
· In order to facilitate the update process, PlexTools
Professional XL has an option that allows the program to
automatically check the drives' firmware for the latest version
and update immediately if necessary. An internet connection to
the PlexTools website is used for this function. No information
besides the drive and firmware version is exchanged and the
function can be disabled at any time. A similar version is
available for the PlexTools Professional software version.
· Both the AudioCDMaker and Disc Extraction functions have been
expanded with CueSheet support and extra options.
· The Disc Maker function has the option to load and save
projects and a new DVD-Video project has been added that allows
burning an existing DVD-Video image to disc.
· Several changes and options have been added and are planned for
the future releases.