This easy and fast optimization tool will boost the performace of your Firefox browser
FireTune for Mozilla Firefox was developed for an easy and fast optimization of your browsing experience with Firefox.
It is based on a collection of optimization settings collected and tested by Tweakfactor.
Usually you have to optimize Firefox manually, which can be time consuming and difficult for the novice user. FireTune helps you here - it includes all the performance optimizations. The only thing you must do is: make your selection. FireTune does the work for you.
How to tell whether Firefox is faster after optimizing it:
· Clear the cache of Firefox from the Firefox settings dialog - this is very important!
· Before you optimize Firefox, navigate to http://www.numion.com/stopwatch/ and do a speed test on http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
· The time needed to load the site completely will be displayed to you in the browser window. Write down the time
· Clear the cache of Firefox from the Firefox settings dialog again - this is very important!
· Now, close Firefox, and optimize it with FireTune
· Start Firefox again, and repeat the speed test on http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
· Compare the displayed result with the result from the test before the optimization