Interviews don't just count - they count the most. Regardless of how well you write resumes and letters, you simply must do well in the job interview if you are to get the job.
But conducting an effective job interview is easier said than done. Your initial surge of joy in getting the interview may quickly turn into a case of sweaty palms, dry mouth, churning stomach, and wobbly knees.
No more, say Ron and Caryl Krannich, two of America's leading career experts. If you prepare well for the interview, you should approach the interview encounter with confidence and success. If you know how to communicate well to employers, both verbally and nonverbally, as well as keep focused on the needs of employers, you should be able to give dynamite answers to interview questions.
Here's the book that reveals the inside story to conducting effective job interviews. Outlining the whole interview process, from preparation to close and follow-up, the authors provide sound advice on how to:
* apply 45 key principles to the job interview situation
* develop winning answers to the most important questions
* deal with personality, motivation, and education issues
* turn negative questions into positive answers
* communicate positive nonverbal messages
* handle behavioral questions confidently
* ask 30 key questions about the job and the employer
Filled with useful tips and examples, this book can make the difference between being accepted or rejected for the job. Don't leave for the interview without first knowing what you need to do to ace your interview and get the job! 202 pages. 1999.