VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of
- Release Date: Oct 14, 2007
- [bugs fixed]
* Cancelling the mode selection dialog for "create test video" didn't cancel the open.
* IVTC now works when the video format is non-RGB.
* Fixed garbled image when scrolling through an animated GIF in filter preview.
* Fixed missing frames when opening animated GIFs with zero delay times in frames.
* Fixed sync error when processing VBR audio in Direct mode.
* PluginSDK: Not supplying a custom signature caused a sketchy match to be returned instead of full match.
* PluginSDK: Fixed API host related crashes in filter preview and IVTC paths.
* PluginSDK: Fixed support for VBR audio.
* PluginSDK: Fixed handling of internal-decode frames.
* PluginSDK: Fixed crash when no video stream is present.
* Capture: Video filters were receiving frame times that were 1000x too large.
- [regressions fixed]
* AMD64: Fixed a pretty nasty stack misalignment issue in the 64-bit build.
* Fixed compression issues with WMV9VCM.