Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary. Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies".
Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
New on version 9 Amanita
* Support for Volume Shadow Copies. You will be able to backup locked files
* Support for 7zip compression
* Now you can pause the backup in any place
* The update function can now use SOCKS
* proxy SMTP can now use SOCKS
* SMTP can now use SSL
* Autostart the interface can now be set for all users or the current user
* Autostart options are now playing fair with administrator’s rights
* Start a backup when autostart
* The remote directories are now created from the top to the root, thus minimizing the risk for Permission problems
* Downloading files shows now the percent
* FTP operations can now use UTF transfers if the server support it
* FTP operations use now UNICODE for local operations
* Zip files can now store file names in UNICODE
* Checking an archive could sometimes delete the archived files. Fixed.
* Prettier about boxes
* Icon in task properties for Manual AND ftp where swapped
* IPC via MMF is now gone
* The update server can now use MSSQL for logs or can use no logs at all
* SQX is now gone.
* Checking archives wrongly displayed Compressing using the verbose log
* CobDeleter is now an integral part of the UI
* Fixed the old “Error while connecting to :21:" error
* A brand new, improved help file and tutorial
* And MUCH more