Opsview is enterprise network and application monitoring software designed for scalability, flexibility and ease of use. Opsview has been in development since 2003 and is released under the GNU GPL license. Current version is 2.12.
Opsview is a fully integrated monitoring tool that incorporates popular Open Source software including Nagios, Net-SNMP and RRDtool. The Catalyst web framework provides an extensible monitoring and configuration user interface.
Opsview extends the capabilities of Nagios in the following ways:
* Distributed monitoring with high availability and fail-over
* Much improved SNMP support with trap processing with rules engine
* API supporting automation of Opsview configuration
* data warehouse for storage of historical performance and event data
* Opsview Reports customisable reporting
* Powerful configuration and management UI
* Extended monitoring UI
* Extensible architecture based on Catalyst Web Framework and Altinity middleware software
Types of organisation using Opsview including ISPs, telcos, e-commerce sites, universities, financial institutions, government agencies and publishers.