features in Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2
* Protection against more than 14,00,000 threats from the internet.
* Full compatibility with Windows Vista™ (32 Bit) from now on.
* Windows Vista™ Gadget (Vista 32-Bit) works as information and
control operation centre Users can store their personal settings
into the respective folders thanks to the new multiple user support.
Administrator rights are not required.
* Enhanced Realtime Monitor also takes care of new Windows areas
(BHO, Winsock LSPs, Windows Hosts file, Autostart entries etc.).
* Newly developed as well as completely revised Vista compatible
tools are now available basing on Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4, the
awarded winner by the German computer magazine ComputerBILD.
* Hostsfile Checker reports suspicious entries in Hosts file and
allows for cleaning up.
* LSP-Viewer gives support to the user to identify installed winsock
attributes, by which means parasite programs can be smuggled into.
* Folders, files or even „infections“ can be excluded from the
search to prevent false alarms thanks to the whitelist definitions.
* Due to internal encryption algorithms possible malicious threats
are prevented from secretly adding themselves to the whitelist.
* There is a direct online connection to a malware database which
gives information on detected infections.
* The integrated task scheduler has been fully integrated by now
and it is possible to create, manage and perform automatically
individual scanning tasks.
* Users with a licence on the first version of Ashampoo AntiSpyWare
which is still in force can transfer heir remaining time for
signature update licence to the second version.
* Three integrated skins adapt to personal customization of the