A computer without a firewall is easy prey for hackers, worms, remote access Trojans and other online threats. Anti-spyware and virus protection are only a part of any security solution. A firewall is a critical component, and Webroot Desktop Firewall secures your computer from Internet threats and reduces the risks of being a victim of online crimes. Unlike the Windows XP and Vista Firewall, Webroot Desktop Firewall combines intelligent firewall technology with intrusion prevention for inbound and outbound protection that is both powerful and easy to use.
Designed for novices and experts alike, Webroot Desktop Firewall is the gatekeeper to your PC.
* Monitors Internet traffic in and out of your PC for better protection
* Makes your PC invisible to online scammers looking for easy targets
* Prevents remote access Trojans from hijacking your PC
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.5
* New intelligent, "learning" firewall. It "watches" what you do; then learns from your activity to only interrupt you for abnormal activity.
* Windows Vista Compatible. Version 5.5 provides superior protection to the basic firewall features found in Windows XP and Vista, and will not cause conflicts with those features.
* Stronger multi-layer intrusion prevention. Its multiple layers of security include desktop firewall, port manager, URL filter, process monitor, and application/system anomaly detection.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES
* Stealth Mode Feature
Webroot Desktop Firewall lets you operate your computer operate in Stealth Mode, making your online presence invisible to Internet scammers looking for easy targets.
* Email Protection
Mitigates the impact of attacks targeting your email client by tracking the normal volume and frequency of outbound emails. Webroot Desktop Firewall alerts you or blocks unacceptable deviations from normal email activity.
* Advanced Packet Filtering
Features a layer-3 firewall which uses unique stateful packet inspection technology to detect and block unauthorized access to your system.
* Malicious Process Blocking
Tracks all trusted processes and provides alerts when a potentially malicious process attempts to run. This makes Webroot Desktop Firewall a perfect compliment to the antivirus and antispyware protection found in Spy Sweeper and Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware for added protection.
* System Anomaly Intelligence
Automatically develops a baseline profile of your normal PC usage based on system variables such as CPU utilization, thread count, and others. Normal application and system use patterns are monitored and alerts are generated as unusual activity is detected.
* Port Monitoring and Blocking
Monitors all ports to prohibit unauthorized port scanning or any other type of system intrusion.
* Custom Protection Profiles
Easily define and set different levels of protection depending on whether you are connected at home or on the road.
* Lock down your PC
Experiencing unexplained computer activity? Use the Stop Traffic feature to immediately stop all traffic in and out of your PC, and protect your data until you can determine the cause.
* File and Printer Sharing
Webroot Desktop Firewall lets you easily share your files and printers with other computers on your local area network without unnecessarily exposing your PC to online threats.
* Comprehensive Internet Activity Log
If you think someone has attempted to access your PC, simply review the Internet activity log. You'll know if a hacker or unknown programs has cracked your PC.