Cryptology includes data encryption (cryptography), cryptographic protocols and code breaking to provide the fundamentals of data security.
This new book introduces cryptography in a unique and non-mathematical style. Cryptology Unlocked explains encryption, crypto analysis (classic and modern algorithms), cryptographic protocols, digital standards and much more. This innovative book will reveal some of the dangers of code breaking, and highlights ways to master code-breaking and attack algorithms.
Topics range from the simplest enciphering methods to precise investigations of modern algorithms. Everything you need to understand the delicate balance between complex and actual information, with a peppering of anecdotes along the way.
Join the cryptology adventure, and understand:
* The difference between good and bad algorithms
* Whether or not secret services can read all messages
* The real-world affect cryptography had on World War II
* The unspoken security risks behind digital mobile standards GSM and UMTS
* The everyday implications on digital signatures, PINs and online banking