Geronimo is a popular production-grade Open Source J2EE 1.4 certified server available free of charge. It is the only server of its kind licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0, allowing free adaptation and modification for commercial or non-commercial use. The server is well-supported internationally by a large base of users, developers, and support vendors. Geronimo can host a variety of server applications. It comes equipped with a relational database server and message broker, enabling you to immediately deploy your enterprise applications.
With all this potential, getting started with Geronimo can be a daunting task. This team of experienced authors has crafted a book to make your experience with Geronimo go smoothly -- and they've packed it with numerous examples of configuration and deployment for the Geronimo server. Whether you've been using a commercial J2EE server or this is your first encounter with an application server, you'll quickly learn what Geronimo can do for your environment.
What you will learn from this book
* How to configure and deploy a J2EE application on Geronimo
* Ways to download, install, configure, and secure the server
* Expert tips on server customization and tuning
* How to use the various administrative, management, and troubleshooting tools that accompany Geronimo
* How to take advantage of the highly modular architecture of the Geronimo server, and how it works inside
Who this book is for
This book is for managers, administrators, and developers who are either considering Geronimo for possible production deployment, or are already using Geronimo and are looking for a way to kick-start the implementation process.