Let this in-depth professional book be your guide to Blender, the powerful open-source 3D modeling and animation software that will bring your ideas to life. Using clear step-by-step instruction and pages of real-world examples from talented Blender users, expert animator Tony Mullen walks you through the complexities of modeling and animating, with a special focus on characters. From Blender basics to creating facial expressions and emotion to rendering, you'll jump right into the process and learn valuable techniques that will transform your movies.
* Walk through the complete process of building a character
* Master mesh modeling tools and organic modeling
* Fashion skin, hair, and clothing with material shaders, textures, and other tools
* Learn to sync lip movements with a sound file
* Understand interpolation curves, keyframes, and the basics of animating
Date: 27 February, 2007
Author: Tony Mullen, Ton Roosendaal, Bassam Kurdali